A cycling forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, most do, but far too many still don’t.
Any thread about ‘illegal immigrants’, aka refugees fleeing war (in countries, not coincidentally, that have been exploited, plundered and pillaged by western powers) poverty, famine, DEATH etc. contain, at best, derisory comments, and at worst blatant racism, and most know who the main protagonists are here 😢), women’s ‘place’ in society, homosexuality, other non-white non-Christian groups including not-quite-as-white-as-‘us’ such as our fellow (more southern) Europeans, for example.
Be nice, be kind.
Freedom of speech doesn’t mean you can say what you want, how you want to just anybody. We (should) have come a long way from the playground by now.
None of the above has anything to do with the Four points you made in the post I was replying to though does it?

Those are a completely different set of suggestions.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Any thread about ‘illegal immigrants’, aka refugees fleeing war
Didn't realise that war was still raging in northern France? I thought that all ended in 1945? Perhaps one for the politics department though.... :sad:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
That's a very, very poor attempt at deflection, and adds more to the revelations that I suspect you'd prefer were in the background.

i still don't know what this refers to - if i was of a paranoid state of mind - it could almost be seen as some kind of inference of a wrong doing of mine.

Or a threat of a 'revelation' thereof - but being rather boringly innocent of such - it leaves me mystified.

Moving away from politics for a fleeting moment 😳, IF mankind adopted these four Buddhist principles, life would be so much better for EVERYONE!

View attachment 581377

So, regardless of where you are on the political spectrum BE A DECENT HUMAN BEING!

1. What about slugs though ??

If i didn't kill them sometimes - there would be nothing left to eat.

I also believe livestock in regenerative agricultural systems are pretty much essential in some soil and climate types.

2&3 i've got pretty much covered nowadays, unless we're going to argue in an 'all property is theft' stylee

In which case guilty as charged, although i try to avoid taking more than my fair share.

4. Problematic - you can upset a lot of people by giving people your honest opinion - "No I'm afraid those shoes look truly terrible"

On the big stuff yes - tell the truth as you find it - but examine first how you're telling it - and why - have data to back it up if appropriate.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Update, lovely :sun:ride - apart from being stung on the back of my neck :eek:
No riding for me but I did go out paddling with the 2yo.

He's alright but annoyingly I've caught the sun a bit.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I’ve heard that one of your tyres may be fitted without due regard to the direction of rotation symbol on the sidewall. Behaviour doesn’t get much worse than that.

Well granted that's exactly the kind of felony you might normally catch me committing.

But im pretty sure lbs were the last to have their paws on my oh so swank tubeless tyres - so i think it unlikely - i'll double check on my ride home in a mo...

However given recent events, i'm minded to go cause some middle-aged lady trouble elsewhere asap.

Not saying where, or when, so as to protect the innocents .. :angel:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Well granted that's exactly the kind of felony you might normally catch me committing.

But im pretty sure lbs were the last to have their paws on my oh so swank tubeless tyres - so i think it unlikely - i'll double check on my ride home in a mo...

However given recent events, i'm minded to go cause some middle-aged lady trouble elsewhere asap.

Not saying where, or when, so as to protect the innocents .. :angel:
I once caused some middle-aged lady trouble.

Top Bottom