A cycling forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Good for you; no detention today. There were others in that thread though......
But you don't need to argue every single point about every single subject. Honestly the burning of a couple of vans is negligible in the environmental scheme of things and much like the Covid risk, might even be seen as a price worth paying in order to make a wider point or try to effect meaningful change.

winjim

Smash the cistern
But you don't need to argue every single point about every single subject. Honestly the burning of a couple of vans is negligible in the environmental scheme of things and much like the Covid risk, might even be seen as a price worth paying in order to make a wider point or try to effect meaningful change.
I've probably expressed this quite badly. Let me try again.

You don't need to condone or condemn an act of violence in order to attempt to understand the motivation behind it, and it should be possible to put that understanding in context with other issues.

Well quite. You expected a reasonable discussion to result from posting

"Which got me wondering why some of our posters who are normally quite concerned about environmental issues, see no problem with burning Police vehicles?"

Sure you did.
Could you perhaps have a go at reasonable discussion of the point? Looks like Winjim has had 2 tries at just such a thing - it's clearly not beyond the wit of man(kind).

(I may not 100% agree with 'Jim on this, but he did keep things civil!)

winjim

Smash the cistern
Could you perhaps have a go at reasonable discussion of the point? Looks like Winjim has had 2 tries at just such a thing - it's clearly not beyond the wit of man(kind).

(I may not 100% agree with 'Jim on this, but he did keep things civil!)
The fact that I've had two goes at it and I'm still not convinced that I've properly expressed what I mean suggests that it might be beyond the wit of me, anyway.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Well he failed to troll winjim. Either he's crap at trolling, or winjim is a saint amongst us. Maybe both are true!
It was pure good fortune that I happened to have made a previous post addressing the exact point he was making. But that post was itself made in response to someone whom I perceive to be arguing in bad faith.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Even the sheep couldn't be bothered today...

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

Well actually.

Some are predictable, some laudable in their restraint, others are struggling to keep a lid on it.

All human life is here.

But hey love n peas man
And the few women who dare pass by.

No time for excursions for me today.

Erecting pea supports, made out of recycled chicken fence..

And other exciting spring time activities.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It was pure good fortune that I happened to have made a previous post addressing the exact point he was making. But that post was itself made in response to someone whom I perceive to be arguing in bad faith.

Oh C'mon Jim, you're one cool dude, an you know it.. :okay:

Or maybe you don't, and that makes your sang froid, even more enviable :notworthy:

Looking at the burnt out van reminds me of a sherpa that we had back in the early nineties, that went that way due to an electrical fault :sad:

And it had lovely sliding doors on it that you could drive along with open on hot days..
Probs not strictly legal.. I dunno.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
View attachment 581590

Well actually.

Some are predictable, some laudable in their restraint, others are struggling to keep a lid on it.

All human life is here.

But hey love n peas man
And the few women who dare pass by.

View attachment 581591

No time for excursions for me today.

Erecting pea supports, made out of recycled chicken fence..

And other exciting spring time activities.
Was going to bemoan the lack of baler twine in that pic. Spotted it. Phew. As you were...

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
The point, from my perspective, is that brandane is engaged in pure trolling. Their words speak for themselves.

Feel free to disagree, or report my posts.

I can't believe that no one's yet got in a point about 'inflammatory posts' :whistle:

Well he failed to troll winjim. Either he's crap at trolling, or winjim is a saint amongst us. Maybe both are true!

Winjim is both a saint, and a hero.
In his own morning tea break. :cuppa:

Juggling toddlers, and biochemical analysis (or whatever fiendishly clever thing it is he does) whilst neutralising trolls with one (OK maybe two) swift yet firm strokes of his keyboard.. :notworthy:

One day he might even get chance to get out on his bike.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I can't believe that no one's yet got in a point about 'inflammatory posts' :whistle:

Winjim is both a saint, and a hero.
In his own morning tea break. :cuppa:

Juggling toddlers, and biochemical analysis (or whatever fiendishly clever thing it is he does) whilst neutralising trolls with one (OK maybe two) swift yet firm strokes of his keyboard.. :notworthy:

One day he might even get chance to get out on his bike.
winjim has exams in a few weeks and really ought to be spending more time on the biochemistry and less time procrastinating on the internet and convincing himself that arguing on a cycling forum is somehow important.

Top Bottom