A cycling forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The assault was on a nurse, in a secure unit.
https://www.theguardian.com/society...h-of-woman-sarah-reed-in-prison-inquest-finds

Who, on here, would say that assaulting a nurse is okay?

Link also lists a large number of failings in the system that preceded her death.

In 2012, Reed was the victim of a severe attack from a white police officer PC James Kiddie, and suffered two broken ribs. She had been falsely arrested by Kiddie for suspected shoplifting

While in the psychiatric Maudsley Hospital in 2014, Reed told her family that she was sexually assaulted by an elderly male patient. some reports say this was a case of attempted rape.After reportedly acting in self-defence, she was charged with GBH with intent and held in Holloway prison on remand from October 2015 for psychiatric assessment to determine whether she was able to plead at trial. The report had not been written by the time of her death in January 2016, nor had a letter been sent to ensure her transfer to a more appropriate secure psychiatric facility. Her anti-psychotic drugs were reduced out of other health fears, but nothing was substituted; her health worsened.The staff's monitoring of Reed was reduced from twice to once an hour when she was moved to a different unit; although it was known she had self-harmed in the past, Reed was considered at low-risk.

From Wikipedia. Just for balance you understand.

classic33

Leg End Member
In 2012, Reed was the victim of a severe attack from a white police officer PC James Kiddie, and suffered two broken ribs. She had been falsely arrested by Kiddie for suspected shoplifting

While in the psychiatric Maudsley Hospital in 2014, Reed told her family that she was sexually assaulted by an elderly male patient. some reports say this was a case of attempted rape.After reportedly acting in self-defence, she was charged with GBH with intent and held in Holloway prison on remand from October 2015 for psychiatric assessment to determine whether she was able to plead at trial. The report had not been written by the time of her death in January 2016, nor had a letter been sent to ensure her transfer to a more appropriate secure psychiatric facility. Her anti-psychotic drugs were reduced out of other health fears, but nothing was substituted; her health worsened.The staff's monitoring of Reed was reduced from twice to once an hour when she was moved to a different unit; although it was known she had self-harmed in the past, Reed was considered at low-risk.

From Wikipedia. Just for balance you understand.
Link given is from the report on the inquest. States assault on a nurse.

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
And so to today's episode of "look at me, I do actually ride a bike sometimes" :laugh:.

Back to being a roadie this morning. Saw the remains of this car and thought "never mind, it's only a car, it's insured".

Actually, I didn't think that at all. I thought some poor person has lost their pride and joy to some thieving gits. The hassle of arguing with insurance about valuation, then finding a replacement, and increased insurance premiums for years to come.

Then there is the cost to the environment of burnt out vehicles, and those damaged beyond repair. A lot of valuable earth resources go into building cars, and Police vans even more so. More metal in a van, for starters. Which got me wondering why some of our posters who are normally quite concerned about environmental issues, see no problem with burning Police vehicles? Strange, that :laugh:.

winjim

Smash the cistern
And so to today's episode of "look at me, I do actually ride a bike sometimes" :laugh:.

Back to being a roadie this morning. Saw the remains of this car and thought "never mind, it's only a car, it's insured".

View attachment 581562

Actually, I didn't think that at all. I thought some poor person has lost their pride and joy to some thieving gits. The hassle of arguing with insurance about valuation, then finding a replacement, and increased insurance premiums for years to come.

Then there is the cost to the environment of burnt out vehicles, and those damaged beyond repair. A lot of valuable earth resources go into building cars, and Police vans even more so. More metal in a van, for starters. Which got me wondering why some of our posters who are normally quite concerned about environmental issues, see no problem with burning Police vehicles? Strange, that :laugh:.
Phew, I'm glad that I already mentioned the environmental cost of vandalism or I might think you were talking about me...

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well, I did think about responding thoughtfully to your disingenuous trolling, but on due consideration I didn't think it deserved anything else TBH.

You're welcome!
Ah, the usual CC response from certain quarters. If you don't agree with something, it's trolling. Feel free to explain why you think I'm trolling. Are you denying that certain posters on here had a very "so what?" attitude to the burning of Police vans? If I could be bothered, I could always read through all those pages again and quote them, but I have other more pressing things to do...

Top Bottom