A day ride in France - Sat. 11th April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Due to other possible commitments, probably the only other Saturday in April/early May that I'm available, is 11th April.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
OK. As no-one's objected to the date, full steam ahead for 11th April.

Departing 06:37 St Pancras HS1, arriving Dover 07:41 (or make your own way to Dover if more convenient). Then get the 09:25 P&O sailing* arriving Calais 11:55 local time. Cycling south from Calais, having lunch somewhere, then heading off west to the coast around Wimereux, then following the coast road all the way round, back to Calais. Depending upon time, either have something else to eat in Calais, or eat on board the boat. It'll be the 20:35 boat arriving back in Dover 21:05 local time, to get the 21:49 HS1 arriving in St Pancras 22:54.

P&O Ferry tickets can be booked here. Although if you're on Quidco, go via their web site as you can get 6% cashback but that may run out after today. Also the Fully Flexi ticket seems to be the same price as Standard at £20 return, so go for that option, as you can cancel without penalty if you change your mind.

DON'T FORGET TO CHECK YOU'VE GOT A VALID PASSPORT (and make sure you bring it)!!

* Bearing in mind it only takes 10 minutes to get from the train station to the port in Dover, although P&O say you should check in 45 minutes before departure, it's entirely possible they may let us on the 08:25 sailing.

Last edited:

clivedb

Guru
I was intrigued by this plan, but you ended up on about the only Saturday around then that I have a commitment...in Newcastle...
Disappointing, but still, there will be other opportunities.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Like the idea and very tempted but need to work what I am doing as I would like to repeat @swarm_catcher excellent Brussels ride.

As an idea if someone was willing to drive you could take the Eurostar with bikes which would keep the cost down.

U

User10571

Why won't this work for me?
I've tried both standard flexy, and fully flexy and and both return a one way fare of £20.00
Comme ca
16058344358_0bfa0558bf_b.jpg

What am I doing wrongo?

Top Bottom