A design positive....or negative?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Unless your a pro,competetive cyclist i dont think theres a lot in it.Ive a full carbon and a steel,very little difference in riding them.There again i had a full carbon,ultegra,great wheels bike that i sold as i didnt really like it.It was red ! Never really liked the colour.You have to like something,then it becomes what you want.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
again i had a full carbon,ultegra,great wheels bike that i sold as i didnt really like it.It was red ! Never really liked the colour.You have to like something,then it becomes what you want.

That begs the question, if you didn't like it that much, what made you buy it in the first place? Given that it probably cost a hundred times the amount I pay for my secondhand steels, you surely wouldn't just take a punt on an expensive bike and hope for the best. Or would you? I'm actually quite fussy what I buy secondhand, even though its only beer money involved. I still have to like the appearance or see some potential, and I'll only ever go for stuff with the sort of geometry I'm happy riding on; i.e. not overly twitchy.

Adam4868

Guru
That begs the question, if you didn't like it that much, what made you buy it in the first place? Given that it probably cost a hundred times the amount I pay for my secondhand steels, you surely wouldn't just take a punt on an expensive bike and hope for the best. Or would you? I'm actually quite fussy what I buy secondhand, even though its only beer money involved. I still have to like the appearance or see some potential, and I'll only ever go for stuff with the sort of geometry I'm happy riding on; i.e. not overly twitchy.
Bought the frame for 60 quid and built it up,thought I could live with it.Which I did,took it to France a few times.Theres was nothing uncomfortable or wrong with it.I just decided to sell it and buy something different.Its about what 'you' like,not what your told to like.
I've got a bike with Ultegra and one with Tiagra,I probally think the Ultegra is better,why ? There the same,in fact the Tiagra is newer and marginally smoother.

Top Bottom