A design positive....or negative?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
If you could go back to your youth and smell again some old familiar products you would be almost literally blown away by the smells. There is so much elf 'n safety paranoia nowadays that industrial perfumes have changed massively. Smell Brut or Imperial Leather and you will be smelling a mere pastiche of the original as the lovely musks and leathery notes have all gone. Our noses just don't encounter those molecules in normal life and it's said that if we could go back to smell the perfumes of the sixties and earlier, we would be amazed. This is why so many modern fragrances are watery and vaguely fruity.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I haven't read the whole thread but AFAIK nobody has mentioned the word "fun". Modern bikes are built to be light, smooth-riding, comfortable and fun to ride, which is why so many people who cycled as children have come back as born-again cyclists..

Presumably all the born again cyclists rode steel bikes when they were children, and still had fun riding them? I rode steel bikes as a youngster and enjoyed it. I still ride older steel bikes as an adult - and I still enjoy it. The fun factor has always been there - so long as you actually enjoy riding in the first place. All my bikes are smooth and comfortable to ride, even the skip ones, and some of them are reasonably light. Are you trying to say that as a kid you could have fun riding a steel bike, but as an adult you can't?

Top Bottom