A design positive....or negative?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dave 123, 9 Feb 2019.

1. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

Classic example of the above, I know of a woman who owns 5 houses, her kids are skint despite being hard workers, the grandchildren are a delight, yet she is too tight to help them out, fine one day they will get it but why not now.

Illaveago likes this.
  2. screenman

That is so sad.

Nebulous and Illaveago like this.
  3. Cuchilo

Cuchilo Prize winning member X2

I have to say , your collection of dust caps is amazing !

4. Not bad considering they were 2nd hand.

5. Drago

Drago Guru

Why not make the down tube very thin walled, but 4 or 5 inches in diameter and fit a hatch so we can stow stuff inside the frame?

Illaveago and NorthernDave like this.
  6. Mo1959

Mo1959 Guru

My new Ruby came with it but I personally don't like the look of it so will just stick with my Topeak saddle wedge.

SpokeyDokey and Drago like this.
  7. SkipdiverJohn

SkipdiverJohn Über Member

You're welcome to them, I wouldn't ride any of those ugly carbon TT bikes even if they were given to me free! The colour scheme on the Giant especially is enough to make me need to go and have a lie down after seeing it. The Trek is marginally better, but neither of them look remotely like what I would consider a proper bike.

8. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

How about a few photos of your bikes, so we can see how it should be done?

FishFright likes this.
  9. screenman

Thank you John if you find one in a skip I will happily pay carriage.

10. Are they trying to emulate the Ariel Leader ?

11. Eddy

Eddy Guru

7287272-3x2-700x467.jpg

12. SkipdiverJohn

SkipdiverJohn Über Member

There's a few of mine on the forum, all in makers colours apart from a pub hack I brush painted as the original paint was horrid. All steel, with normal sized tubing. No oversize ali, no moulded carbon.

I generally only encounter cheapies & BSO's in skips, but if I ever do chance on one of those carbon TT monstrosities, I will be more than happy to send it to you!

Oddly enough I spotted someone riding one of those a couple of months ago in West London. A very smart metallic blue effort, I get the impression it might have been a modern replica rather than an original. Quite an impressive sight, but hardly practical for traffic!

Eddy and screenman like this.
  13. frankiemann93

frankiemann93 Member

Agreed, Love a throwback but this isn't cool at all! This is what I imagine the AA would use, if they came out to cyclists!

14. The shock absorber fork is a worse idea.

15. youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Why not go the whole hog and get one of these. Plenty of room for tools, tubes, spare tyre, sandwiches - everything, really.

profile of bag.png

Seriously - what's the difference between the S Works box/bag and the really uncool triangular bag that fits in the corner of the seat and top tube?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice