A design positive....or negative?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
It looks a bit jarring as I've never seen anything there on a bike before, but seems like a good idea and I could get used to it. I'll wait till the price drops a bit first though...
Im thinking it's specific for the bike ? Maybe you have one though ?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
My mate has got the toolbox and he loves it. I have a specialized but think the toolbox is too expensive.

I also have the Shockstop in the handlebars and they are great.

These little touches make a lot of diffence .

Looks perfect. Since using my fast bike for commuting switch saddle bags and their attachments is a faff. Putting my tools in this would be considerably easier. Will order one tomorrow.

Edit: bottoms, looks like it’s not universal.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I cant get past the seat post!! Hate it
I love it, would buy it to fit on my Genesis!
Actually, I like the look of the whole bike, shame I'm mainly an utilitarian cyclist, that bike would be wasted on me.
The tool bag?
Excellent idea, if it's waterproof and easily washable.
Needs to be of Ortlieb quality, I think ... it's already Ortlieb priced lol

D

Deleted member 1258

I'd rather have a saddle bag.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Never mind the water proofing it don't match the bike ;)
Turns out it comes with a money clip not sure why after paying 90 quid not sure if you'd have any left to put in one.
Money clip??
Very old fashioned.
Bank card compartment, more modern.
What I would like in a bike tool bag is a separate compartment for putting your dirty inner, plus your oily gloves after a repair.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
£90 is not a lot of money to the customers they are after.

You mean mug punters??

That costs the same as 19 bikes for @SkipdiverJohn

Sorry to disappoint you chaps, but the last bike I actually paid real legal tender for, cost me 99p, although I didn't have the temerity to ask for the change from the pound coin I used to pay for it. So that's the equivalent of me buying 91 bikes I can actually ride for the same money, as opposed to a single poncey tool bag that you, err, well can't ride! :headshake:

Last edited:
What I would like in a bike tool bag is a separate compartment for putting your dirty inner, plus your oily gloves after a repair.
That's what the small light bags you get street market fruit and veg are for.
As to the original post I'd be concerned about water as some have said but more seriously general road grot. In short unecessary for most folks. But can see it being of interest to roadies who have run out of space in their back pockets and don't want to fall on their tools.

screenman

Legendary Member
You mean mug punters??

Sorry to disappoint you chaps, but the last bike I actually paid real legal tender for, cost me 99p, although I didn't have the temerity to ask for the change from the pound coin I used to pay for it. So that's the equivalent of me buying 91 bikes I can actually ride for the same money, as opposed to a single poncey tool bag that you, err, well can't ride! :headshake:

I have asked you before but you never answer, what else are you going to do with your money.

mm

and just noticed that, in the interests of minimalism it reckons you will fix your punctures with a gas cartridge.

And just one spare tube.

If many of these are let loose I can see a few folks cadging help from passing folk with proper pumps.

And did anyone notice the single review? A poor chap found that the single tube provided had a hole in it and he had to get the wife to come and pick him up.

I fear anything with too clever a name convinces folk that you can pay for a flash SOLUTION and switch your brain off.

As the scouts used to say, just "be prepared". Dib dib.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I have asked you before but you never answer, what else are you going to do with your money.

I jntend to retire early on it, don't fancy being forced to work until 67 if I don't want to. Having money and no debt gives options not open to those frantically running on the hamster wheel just to get to the end of every month. I know a lot of people who hate their jobs, or just hate the idea of having to work full stop, but due to their dysfunctional financial habits, they may even have to keep going after the state pension age, because they've got no assets to speak of and no private pension/investments. Working on is fine if you enjoy it and are still fit, but it's drudgery if not done by choice.

Top Bottom