A design positive....or negative?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How much ! :ohmy: :wacko:

Do they keep their brains in it ?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I jntend to retire early on it, don't fancy being forced to work until 67 if I don't want to. Having money and no debt gives options not open to those frantically running on the hamster wheel just to get to the end of every month. I know a lot of people who hate their jobs, or just hate the idea of having to work full stop, but due to their dysfunctional financial habits, they may even have to keep going after the state pension age, because they've got no assets to speak of and no private pension/investments. Working on is fine if you enjoy it and are still fit, but it's drudgery if not done by choice.
Not everyone that spends money on expensive bikes is in debt or struggling :okay:

screenman

Legendary Member
I jntend to retire early on it, don't fancy being forced to work until 67 if I don't want to. Having money and no debt gives options not open to those frantically running on the hamster wheel just to get to the end of every month. I know a lot of people who hate their jobs, or just hate the idea of having to work full stop, but due to their dysfunctional financial habits, they may even have to keep going after the state pension age, because they've got no assets to speak of and no private pension/investments. Working on is fine if you enjoy it and are still fit, but it's drudgery if not done by choice.

I agree with all of that, but when is enough? what happens when you are already putting a £1,000 a month into the pot, that is my point, not everyone who earns good money and likes to spend it is a mug. I have written a good few times that I feel sorry for people who have to do jobs they do not enjoy, how anyone ends up doing that is alien to me, lack of motivation I suppose.

I have pensioner friends spending £5,000plus on bikes, are they mugs? They have more money coming in than they spend each week and enjoy lavish lifestyles, they made good choices I suppose.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
On the theme of ugly expensive tool boxes
Giants version even have a hob attached to the seat post :laugh:
$_86.jpg

Trek are on the bandwagon but have added a twist of fun and their one falls off every now and then :ohmy:

trek-speed-concept-2014-tt-lime-green.png

screenman

Legendary Member
Looking at this from another way, if you earned say £90 a day would you spend £30 on it, now if you earned £400 a day £90 is suddenly not a lot, certainly not as much as £30 to the £90 a day guy. As a business owner you take your choices, sell to the masses or the classes.

Ah Ha! It is made so that you can hide an electric motor in it ! :ohmy:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Looking at this from another way, if you earned say £90 a day would you spend £30 on it, now if you earned £400 a day £90 is suddenly not a lot, certainly not as much as £30 to the £90 a day guy. As a business owner you take your choices, sell to the masses or the classes.

What troubles me these days is the phone phenomenon... Off topic but as were talking expenditure ..
Young people have a fancy phone and pay £30-£50 a month for them.
I see it often in my work place.. They are usually the one's on £8.75 an hr ! They often complain about being skint 2 weeks before pay day..
Being financially sick is not a nice place to be but so much is self inflicted.

In my old self employed job i usually earned £30- £50 an hour when working, now its £10 an hr 37.5 hrs working in care.
I still have a almost debt free lifestyle due to my unwillingness to get into debt, and i try and live below my means..
It's a struggle but i think im happier at work than I've been for years. Stress free Almost, I'm lucky in that i almost own my house and can live cheaply.. We seem to be a live for today society, renting is the norm grab what you can..

Going back to the original picture wouldn't it foul the bottom of your bottle cages or have they cleverly made cages that work in tandem with the tool box, presumably at a "nice price"

screenman

Legendary Member
What troubles me these days is the phone phenomenon... Off topic but as were talking expenditure ..
Young people have a fancy phone and pay £30-£50 a month for them.
I see it often in my work place.. They are usually the one's on £8.75 an hr ! They often complain about being skint 2 weeks before pay day..
Being financially sick is not a nice place to be but so much is self inflicted.

In my old self employed job i usually earned £30- £50 an hour when working, now its £10 an hr 37.5 hrs working in care.
I still have a almost debt free lifestyle due to my unwillingness to get into debt, and i try and live below my means..
It's a struggle but i think im happier at work than I've been for years. Stress free Almost, I'm lucky in that i almost own my house and can live cheaply.. We seem to be a live for today society, renting is the norm grab what you can..

I know of a young mechanic. 35 years old with two young kids, their standing orders are £1850 a month, madness total madness, that is before food etc. That is real stress. Now they are mugs, what are not mugs are people who can afford things without stretching themselves financially.

The last bike component I bought took me around 5 minutes at work to earn enough to buy it. I might buy something next week that I’ll have to work 20minutes to buy.

Of course I could spend, say an hours wages on my children, in which case people get up in arms about spoiling kids. Maybe I could spend it on food which would apparently by obscene. I guess the sensible thing to do is not spend the money I earn and put it into a savings account where it does nothing for the economy. Obviously this is after all my tax is paid which pays for a number of essential workers, abd the charity my business does which is worth thousands and thousands. So all in all, spending a fraction of my earnings on something considered generally good all round like cycling, sounds good to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom