A Exercise Bike Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wester

Guru
I use a Exercise bike which i keep in the back garden as i have no room for it indoors

I the last week the monitor on it has not been working properly the mode button does not work properly , the time and distance travelled etc

My guess is that it has got something to do with the wet weather in the last few weeks but i have kept the monitor well protected from the weather

I have in the last week removed the monitor from the bike and kept it indoors when i am not using it but it still does not work properly the monitor is only 4 months old

What is the problem ? and the solution if there is one

Bill Gates

Probably dampness is affecting the contacts. In these conditions you get condensation under plastic covers. What you need is a spell of dry warm weather or make room indoors somehow. IMO leaving it outside is going to make it worse.

OP
OP
Wester

Wester

Guru
Bill Gates said:
Probably dampness is affecting the contacts. In these conditions you get condensation under plastic covers. What you need is a spell of dry warm weather or make room indoors somehow. IMO leaving it outside is going to make it worse.

Would you think if i kept the monitor in a dry warm place indoors when i am not using it outdoors solve the problem , as i have already said i have got no room for the Exercise bike indoors

I am Spartacus

Über Member
I am not flaming, but keeping anything outdoors in wet damp cold weather,, do you really expect it to function? come' on

Solution:
Ditch the whatever it is.... the Carl Lewis get me faster special from Argos..

get a set of rollers ( the ones that fold up neatly for indoor storage) and use your bike on them.. - I presume you have a bike?

Someone advises and you seem to have got a strop on with them..
bad form buddy boy
that was a flame by the way :angry:

Top Bottom