A few new pics of the bad boy....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
The best bits can't really be seen so well...

Dura Ace track hubs and NJS chaintugs.....

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Joe24 said:
Very nice:thumbsup::biggrin:;)
I like it. Is the fixed stuff out there cheaper then what it is over here?
Unfortunately not, very niche thing out here, only one shop that sells parts for fixies....

Irony is there is a massive Shimano factory here, but it's all made for export, and it's actually quite difficult to get Shimano stuff out here, it has to be re-imported....

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
zimzum42 said:
Unfortunately not, very niche thing out here, only one shop that sells parts for fixies....

Irony is there is a massive Shimano factory here, but it's all made for export, and it's actually quite difficult to get Shimano stuff out here, it has to be re-imported....

Sounds like someone needs to expand their social circle to include hangouts for local factory workers. If they ply you with too much stuff there's always an offload point in the UK:biggrin:

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
what rims are they Zim?

OP
OP
Z

zimzum42

Legendary Member
You asked for it!

Got into the fixie shoot in 2003 or something. Bought a complete bike from another C+ forummer, Dave something I think (If you're still on here, you're the best!)
Fortunately this was before fixies were mad popular so it was quite cheap...

Anyway, the original frame was a 1970s Cobra, with some snazzy red FIR rims and some standard kit. Straight away I added my favourite saddle, a Selle Italia Flite titanium, got loads of them, they fit my arse something great! Put a Mavic CXP33 rim on the front. Have changed SPDs for LOOKs a few times, took off the back brake, made some of my own bullhorn bars by cutting off the end of some regular drops and adding a single STI shifter.

Then I bought the airwing bars and the aero lever.

One fateful day riding along the towpath near Isleworth, the frame snapped where the stays join the BB, so ordered the Jackson frame. Added, foolishly, a Sugino chainset, whih gave me loads of problems, cos the cranks were not compatible with the BB (Thanks Condor, you are the worst bunch of shysters in london, great if you've got 1000s to blow on a carbon fibre jobbie, crap if you want a sprocket...)

After a period without the bike living in Lebanon (you have to be mad to ride there) I moved to Singapore and shipped it out there...

Got a lusting for some deeper rims after seeing the beautiful ZIPP 1080s, but lacking silly money I asked on here and got recommended the H+Ls. Got the front first, cos while looking around had seen the Dura Ace hubs and had to have them, and the extra cost meant that I coul only afford the front.

Slipping three discs before Christmas meant that I came back to London, but was still being paid in Singapore, so when my LBS emailed to say he had a rear hub and a rim, I had to go for the complete look, because having such odd rims was annoying me.

And tht's the story so far, not one pieve from the original bike, but to me it's all one bike!

Top Bottom