1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A First

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Tetedelacourse, 19 Dec 2007.

1. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

When I arrived at work this morning, a thin layer of frost had formed around the bottom of my jacket! I felt hard as nails!

Mind you, that feeling was quickly replaced by the scalding feeling of a lukewarm shower hitting my feet which were like blocks of ice.

Had to wear shorts today too - definitely not through choice! Knee warmers for Christmas please.

2. You have a shower at work?

I've been there almost 19 years where I work and still no sign of a shower.This year we've got our own place to lock our bikes up.

3. Amanda P

Amanda P The CycleChat user formerly known as Uncle Phil

I've had days when I've arrived at work with ice forming in my beard.

Don't have a beard any more though.

4. Ive had this as a school kid, jacket/ hair as stiff as a board (I went to school in Rosyth, maybe its the air there) but Ive never experienced it cycling.

5. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Are you in York UP? I thought you were in Belgique or was that someone else? Anyway an icy beard is excellent.

6. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Yes you do! At least you do on your avatar. You also appear to have a nice santa hat on too.....:rolleyes:

7. magnatom

magnatom Guest

Och ya big jessie! Cold feet, pah! I cycle to work every day in speedos and a string vest, no gloves and I wear open toed sandals on my feet. I've also notice lately that cars are giving me more room. Can't think why.....? :rolleyes:

Ok I may be stretching the truth a little, but just think of me wearing all of the above and I guarantee I will have put you off your lunch!! :smile:

8. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

yep it was baltic this morning, loads of frost between brdige and kirkliston. oh and that cow the p£$**"&* fairy visted me as well :rolleyes: going to now get those tyre liners for the krylions from Halfords :smile:

9. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Ever thought about getting a better job instead of just whining about it?

10. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Everyone at work was impressed when I walked in with a thin layer of ice over my jacket, helmet and not so thin layer on the fingers of my gloves. But of a shock when the ice on my eyebrows began to melt though

11. GrahamG

GrahamG Über Member

That just makes me want to grow a beard!! Hardcore.

12. Amanda P

Amanda P The CycleChat user formerly known as Uncle Phil

Yeah, yeah. [Heavy irony] It's only drawn on, Magnatom. [/Heavy irony].

Actually, in the caricature underneath it all, I have a 'tache, but that's gone now too.

And I've always posted from York. Jamais Belgique.

13. mrben

mrben New Member

Didn't notice any particular ice forming on me this morning - it was really cold, but really dry (not really any frost/ice). Sadly, there was no heating on the train, so I was actually colder on the train than I had been on the bike (after the first mile)