A Friendly Place...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
purpleR said:
Seinfeld reference... dimly remembered but I think Elaine had asked Susan out for a meal and George's friends were getting too close to his girlfriend for comfort. Cue George yelling, "Worlds are colliding, Jerry, worlds are COLLIDING!"

:laugh:

Indeed - his thesis was that there was a "relationship" George, and an "independent" George ("Fun George, bawdy George..."). It's a corker of an episode that, might have to dig the DVd out.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Ah, right, I understand.
Never watched Seinfeld, but I agree with the idea.

Bigtallfatbloke

I havent noticed any changes except changes for the good. I think this forum is probably the most friendly there is. I don't go into soapbox very much. I fnd this place to be extremely supportive and it has helped me keep going on many occassions. I dont go to Bike radar or afc or any other cycling forum, why should I, all I need is here.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Kirstie said:
Au contraire I've just begun to look at the forum in a different light and I can see where Tete is coming from :tongue: I'd not really noticed it until now.

I've still not noticed it.

I'm afraid to look now, lest all my illusions be shatter'd! ;)

John the Monkey said:
I've still not noticed it.

I'm afraid to look now, lest all my illusions be shatter'd! :tongue:
It comes down to four simple words....Don't Go Into Soapbox. ;)

Blue

Legendary Member
Tetedelacourse said:
I consider myself to be a cyclist, unassuming, openminded, and intelligent enough to be able to argue or accept a point without resorting to insults (mostly). Just doesn't feel like that fits in here as much as, say, a few months ago.

I don't think the place was ever any different - it's heavily infested with pedants who prefer scoring points to shooting the breeze or offering much in the way of useful advice on cycling.

bonj2

Blue said:
I don't think the place was ever any different - it's heavily infested with pedants who prefer scoring points to shooting the breeze or offering much in the way of useful advice on cycling.

Is there any more than a handful of people who even KNOW much about cycling? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Blue

Legendary Member
bonj said:
Is there any more than a handful of people who even KNOW much about cycling? :biggrin: :biggrin:

I take your point. Every time someone starts one of those 'how many miles do you cycle' threads it surprises me how infrequently many forumers even sit astride a bike!! As to the technical section - I dare say many regular contributors to cafe and soapbox don't even know we have one! :biggrin:

Noodley

John Ponting said:
So could I until I read the Soapbox announcement at the top. I've now joined soapboxgroup.

I can't open the announcemnet as I do not have permission. Think I'll not bother anyway.

Top Bottom