A Friendly Place...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Krypton said:
The announcement is on ALL the forums :biggrin:

So it is - still don't think I'll bother.

Shaun

Founder
Yes. :biggrin:

There's no option for users to ignore specific fora in VBulletin (not yet anyway) and quite a few people have expressed the view that they don't really want Soapbox threads in the search results and new posts lists.

With the creation of the new group everyone is set to ignore Soapbox by default, and those who do want to post there can do so quickly and simply by joining the public Soapbox user group.

It doesn't spoil the fun for those who are Soapbox regulars and keeps the Soapbox threads out of the other parts of the forum for those that don't want to see them.

We'll see how it goes ... :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
You could try the newly modified Road, Rides, Audax, and Sportives - although it probably needs a better description now!! :biggrin:

Noodley

Pete said:
I'm never an audaxer!

Don't worry it would appear nobody else here is either :biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Baggy said:
I'm a reformed Audaxer - haven't been near one for over a year :biggrin:

There was one locally not so long ago. Had it not been for a bad weather forecast, Waffles and I would have done it together.
Hang on, let me rephrase that...:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse

Thanks everyone for the replies. Although it wasn't my intention to elicit requests for me to stay, it did make for very pleasant reading!

Glad it opened up a bit of a discussion about how others view the forum (and forums in general) as that's kind of what I was pondering, whether I have a very different perception of what makes this virtual community tick. The pub analogy was a good one and so too the advice about steering clear of Soapbox; it's just not for me.

I think I've had my crisis of faith. I will hang around for a while but only in the sections that are most relevant to me (Race, Commuting when I'm up to it! and Cafe). I use the technical section when I need to, but don't have the urge to post much as there are much more knowledgeable folks out there than I.

Andywrx and Kirstie I hope you both stay around, you definitely both add value to the forum.

Finally cheers again for your words of encouragement, it's really made me think twice.

Have you seen the changes to soapbox Tete? By default you don't see it anymore, you have to subscribe to see it. Those changes came about by requests made recently as a result of your thread I would say ;) See you can make a difference.

Top Bottom