A frustrating weeks worth of no cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
My new bike has been sitting redundant in the kitchen all week. It's all cleaned up and ready to go and get out there but unfortunately I'm not.
I've had a stinking summer cold for the last 5 days and after struggling through work and general day to day life the there's been nothing left in me to get outside and enjoy my new bike. Tomorrows weather forecast doesn't look to great so with a bit of luck ,Bank holiday Monday will be the day to get out and about and enjoy some more miles again :-) :-)

Slick

Guru
I'm in the exact same boat except it's almost 2 weeks now. Tomorrow is awash out but I may just ignore the weather and go for it as it's the Glasgow let's ride in the morning.

Alan O

Über Member
Oh bloody hell. Take it easy Al and hope it's not to painful at the moment :-)
Thanks. It's a bit swollen and painful to touch, but other than that it's not too bad and I can walk ok. Apparently minor fractures of toe and feet bones are quite common, and usually heal up quickly enough.

Old jon

Guru
Not wanting to start a contest, but May the 11th. Seriously miffed. Also surprised at how long it is taking to heal . . .

But it will heal and I will ride some miles before the weather turns cold.
And in the cold as well.

si_c

Guru
Thanks. It's a bit swollen and painful to touch, but other than that it's not too bad and I can walk ok. Apparently minor fractures of toe and feet bones are quite common, and usually heal up quickly enough.
Stubbed my middle left toe on a bed last week, went horribly black and painful - again suspected fracture. Walking is mostly ok now and been commuting on the bike this week.

Oddly cycling is less painful than walking - probably because I don't put any weight on my toes it all goes through the ball of my foot.

Alan O

Über Member
Stubbed my middle left toe on a bed last week, went horribly black and painful - again suspected fracture. Walking is mostly ok now and been commuting on the bike this week.

Oddly cycling is less painful than walking - probably because I don't put any weight on my toes it all goes through the ball of my foot.
Unfortunately mine's my big toe and shoes hurt - I'm waking round in open-toed sandals at the moment. Still, I'm hoping the swelling and pain will fade within a week, and it's been a couple of days already. If I twist it a bit with my fingers, I can feel a sort of loose clicky bit on what I believe is called the proximal phalange, where I'm sure there shouldn't be one - there isn't on the other foot. But I should probably stop doing that, as I'm sure it's not helping :rolleyes:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Off the bike for nine days now with a bust collar bone. I'm watching my legs lose muscle bulk.

vickster

Legendary Member
Off the bike for nine days now with a bust collar bone. I'm watching my legs lose muscle bulk.
You could work them off the bike as well? Assuming your knees and collarbone cope with squats, lunges, wallslides etc. Turbo? Gym bike?

Apparently you can lose 25% of leg muscle without losing strength so you'll be ok when you get on the bike

Last edited:
Top Bottom