A frustrating weeks worth of no cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I always get a couple of weeks of non/ hardly any cycling in august .
Shutdown at work so its normally a holiday combined with 2 weeks of overeating mean my fitness goes down and the weight goes up.I have just learned to accept it as an enforced recovery period .

si_c

Guru
Off the bike for nine days now with a bust collar bone. I'm watching my legs lose muscle bulk.

Ouch. I feel your pain. GWS.

Knees playing up again. I'll gladly go out in the rain but know I can only do 6 miles next weekend.
BTW thanks Endura for bringing out a new version of the MT500 jacket - Now it's £200 if I want to be waterproof instead of £135, and no bugger seems to stock anything except black/small!

Slick

Guru
Today was my first ride in almost 2 weeks because of various reasons. Felt great this morning to be back out but it was tough coming back in the wind. I don't think I lost any muscle but it's reassuring sitting here feeling like my legs have done a days work.

I had a nice ride with some friends lined up for BH Monday, but I now have a suspected toe fracture, so that's off :sad:

I fractured my toe once. It was the best injury I ever had. Due to the physical nature of my job it meant I could not work. On the other hand I wasn't so mutilated that I couldn't go to the pub. Those 2 weeks were rather bliss, even if I couldn't ride a bike.
If you're wondering, I ran out of talent while MTBing while already on a weeks vacation. That's what we call a Result!, or in the U.S a Slam-dunk!.

Top Bottom