A funny thing happened to my Ultra Galaxy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harve

First things first, do you lose all your posts if you have not been on for a bit? seem to have gone to none again..........anyway i have been trying for weeks to set the front brakes up on my 07 ultra galaxy, what a pain, finally give up and took it back to the shop, they cound'nt do it either, hmmmmm, what next, I know measure the brake lugs on my front forks, and what do you know ones been welded just higher than the other, how that has happened who knows.......got in touch with DAWES and hats off to them they have been great, sending me a brand new complete 08 model next week, cant fault em for that, so if anyones having that trouble that just could be your problem.......

asterix

Comrade Member
Well spotted and good for Dawes!

A few years ago I had a similar problem on a custom made bike in Leeds. The b*gg*rs refused to admit there was a problem and got quite nasty. I eventually got Mercian to sort it and repaint the frame. Wish I'd gone to trading standards now.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
asterix said:
Well spotted and good for Dawes!

A few years ago I had a similar problem on a custom made bike in Leeds. The b*gg*rs refused to admit there was a problem and got quite nasty. I eventually got Mercian to sort it and repaint the frame. Wish I'd gone to trading standards now.

Was that a custom bike made in Leeds or, a custom bike ridden in Leeds?

If the former, was it a B** J****** or a W****** ?

ASC1951

Guru
After years of using other bike shops locally, I thought I'd give Bob J's a try for a new chainset I wanted making up, since they are one of the closest to me.

No other customers in there, just one member of staff rabbitting away on his mobile phone. No wave of the arm, no "I'll be with you in a minute, mate", so I stood there like a lemon for five minutes while he turned his back on me and rabbitted on.

He was still rabbitting on when I set off for Woodrup's.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
ASC1951 said:
After years of using other bike shops locally, I thought I'd give Bob J's a try for a new chainset I wanted making up, since they are one of the closest to me.

No other customers in there, just one member of staff rabbitting away on his mobile phone. No wave of the arm, no "I'll be with you in a minute, mate", so I stood there like a lemon for five minutes while he turned his back on me and rabbitted on.

He was still rabbitting on when I set off for Woodrup's.

I've had nothing but exemplary service and advice at Woodrup's. I've never sampled Bob J's establishment.

ASC1951

Guru
vernon said:
I've had nothing but exemplary service and advice at Woodrup's.
Same here; and they have a proper workshop where real people fettle real bikes, not some emporium full of shrink-wrapped parts and spotlights.

simoncc

vernon said:
I've had nothing but exemplary service and advice at Woodrup's. I've never sampled Bob J's establishment.

I have. The service at Bob J's left a lot to be desired. Aloof, dismissive, incompetent.

OP
OP
H

harve

Horrraaaa!.........My brand new replacement bike arrived, no hassle no questions no wasted time, 8 days from my first mail to them........the frame shape is a little different this year its gone back to traditional away from compact, its better i think, anyhow 3 cheers for Dawes.......:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom