A Gentlemans Rudge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Been after a Rudge for a while now and this one popped up locally so it's mine

IMG_20171005_175019410.jpg
IMG_20171005_175025268.jpg
IMG_20171005_175033528.jpg

Last edited:
it looks surprisingly like a rudge:whistle::okay:

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
That's nice.A bike from the days when maintaining was a wipe over with an oily rag.Chain cleaned with paraffin then re oiled

Whoever wiped it over last left a good layer of oil on a lot of the chrome which is good :smile:

Looks pretty genuine :smile:. Is that a fork lock?

Yes but no key

Better get out the cycle clips and flat cap biggsy. I can just see the Lurcher running along beside you.

spiffing good idea

I love it, especially the piece of hairy string !

yeah not sure what the idea of the string was , there are quite a few bits tied on here and there .

Very Nice :becool:

Had a quick poke around tonight seems nice and original although it might have had some paint at some point as no visible decals and i cant make the frame no out .

The rear hub is a Sturmey archer AG dyno three speed unit and looks to be a week 9 year 56 item which would be about right

Fitted with what should clean up 26 x 1 3/8 dunlop steel rims hidden under loads of grime , a nicely worn Brook b66 i think saddle that seems to have a bit of up and down play at the nose and a period Steelhouse saddle bag which has a ball of hairy string and a more modern puncture kit in it .

Plans , well it needs a clean and then remove the chain case so i can see how good or bad the chain wheel is as both arms look a bit rusty like the guards . I was thinking of trying to fit a set of 70's hubs in but i will need to narrow down the front oln for sure if i can then re build using alloy rims but who knows

petek

Über Member
Nice bike. Bit of dubbin on the underside of that Brooks saddle leave it soak in for a week then tweak the tensioner and it'll come up like new.

Top Bottom