A gift from the council

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ste T.

Guru
Here is a little gift from the council hedge cutting team, left on the cycle path along side a
local dual carriageway
post-10900-081110600%201288534455_thumb.jpg

So I finally found the limit of my Nimbus Armadillos.
This is the one that did for them. Oh well ,I suppose the next time somebody writes
to the local rag moaning about cyclists not using the cyclepath that their taxes etc etc,
I'll have something to show them.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
No image

bottlemsher

Über Member
Hi Ste T

I can't see your image

Our council are the same,they'll trim the hedges and not clear the debris away.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Image no worky, but I can guess. Had the same problem on wednesday. Tree cutting on the common, saw it in time and walked the bike over it to limit any problems but still got a massive puncture. (Still waiting for the weather to dry up before I fix it):angry:

It happens a lot at this time of year - in my neck of the woods, it's the country lanes that you have to watch out for mostly. Hope you had a repair kit or a spare tube with you!

Just send it into the local rag with a "there's no wonder cyclists don't use the cycle lane if this is what the council do"

might make the council clear up the branches etc (can''t actually see the pic)

johnr

Über Member
I never risk cycle tracks for that very reason. But I have to say E Yorks council have been pretty good about clearing up after themselves the last couple of years. I send them an email of thanks when they sweep the cycle lane I use for the last mile of my commute. May make a difference.

OP
OP
Ste T.

Ste T.

Guru
Shock news " Old fart luddite lacks DSCF2813.JPG ability to post images"

Top Bottom