A good tip if your pizza is soggy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Paella pan makes for a surprisingly good pizza tray:okay:
IMG_20201210_160723.jpg

Chris S

Legendary Member
Cook it in the oven on a pre-heated pizza stone, never an issue.

But on the subject of pizza's in the frying pan, you can make a very basic pizza dough (self raising flour, water, salt, bit of oil), fry in a pan then add your toppings and finish under the grill.
You also need a splash of vinegar (or something else acidic) to react with the baking soda in the flour and make the dough rise.

Last edited:

figbat

Slippery scientist
You also need a splash of vinegar (or something else acidic) to react with the baking soda in the flour and make the dough rise.
You shouldn’t need to add an acidic component with self-raising flour as this generally contains baking powder, or a similar concoction, which includes an acidic component (like monosodium phosphate or tartaric acid) within it. If using pure baking soda then yes, an acid is needed to react with the sodium bicarbonate. Things like buttermilk or yoghurt are acidic enough and are often used in ‘soda bread’ type recipes.

MntnMan62

Über Member
I have found that a soggy bottom is due to using pans or trays that are not meant for pizza. We have a pizza stone that sits on a rack in the oven. It heats up nicely and when you put the pizza on it to cook, it will never result in a soggy bottom. It's always cooked like you expect. I found that having the right kitchen implements are essential for getting the results you expect.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Really tempting but I am struggling to justify the outlay.
Plus about £50 for peels and gas. To be honest, we have more than made our money back from not eating out or getting takeaways.

Top Bottom