A Great Big Thanks.........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
......to the VW Beetle driver that carried on past me as I hit the tarmac this morning and didn't even slow down, let alone stop, to see if I was ok.
Yeah I'm freakin' fine thanks!!
At least that's one more pesky cyclist out of the way and not clogging up the roads for a couple of days.

Gggnnnnn!....:smile:

Sorry to hear that, 3BM! Hope you're OK.

I saw an 'off' on Tuesday; a car right-hooked a woman cyclist whilst turning across a cycle path (vehicles are on the other side, here). He even dragged her along for 10 yards before she hit the tarmac.

He hadn't looked, didn't indicate, and was on his mpobile. He didn't even stop! Another motorist caught up with him and shamed him into getting out to see if the cyclist was OK. He looked genuinely concerned/guilty/ashamed, but that's no help to the victims. :smile:

Oh, if only everyone had large doses of foresight!

yello

I've had a hit-and-run as well once. It beggars belief!

Did the VW actually hit you? (you don't say so but there's an implication they did). Did you get the reg? Are you okay?

Maz

Guru
Sorry to hear that. Presumably the VW hit you, but you don't actually say so...

A couple of years ago I was cycling down a steep hill which takes a sharp left bend at the bottom and unfortunately WVM was comming the other way and cutting the corner. When I went down, all the cars fortunately managed to avoid me and stopped to make sure I was OK; I turned to see WVM scarpering up the hill as fast as he could. As you say it'd been polite if WVM had stopped to ask if I was OK but he might not have even noticed as there wasn't actually contact between me and the van.

threebikesmcginty said:
......to the VW Beetle driver that carried on past me as I hit the tarmac this morning and didn't even slow down, let alone stop, to see if I was ok.
Yeah I'm freakin' fine thanks!!
At least that's one more pesky cyclist out of the way and not clogging up the roads for a couple of days.

Gggnnnnn!....xx(

To top it all off they probably had a good ol' laugh about it when they were telling their friends as well.

bazzadigz C+

Dayvo said:
Sorry to hear that, 3BM! Hope you're OK.

I saw an 'off' on Tuesday; a car right-hooked a woman cyclist whilst turning across a cycle path (vehicles are on the other side, here). He even dragged her along for 10 yards before she hit the tarmac.

He hadn't looked, didn't indicate, and was on his mpobile. He didn't even stop! Another motorist caught up with him and shamed him into getting out to see if the cyclist was OK. He looked genuinely concerned/guilty/ashamed, but that's no help to the victims. :blush:

Oh, if only everyone had large doses of foresight!

They were probably attampting to do a runner xx(

The only off i've witnessed on the road was when somebodies pannier came loose and went into his back wheel, and as sods law would have it just as he was building up speed to make it up a hill/bridge :biggrin:...he seemed really confused as to how many people got out to see how he was (inluding a WVM + esp in the middle of the East End!). i think he was more embarrased than anything.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Dayvo said:
Another motorist caught up with him and shamed him into getting out to see if the cyclist was OK.

He looked genuinely concerned/guilty/ashamed,

I'm not sure those two sentences correlate.....

It's not happened to me, but I've had a friend go down (had a bag on the handlebars which caught in the wheel, she didn't do that again) and be ignored by drivers who had to move round her...

dubman

Guru
been in a simular situation myself , had a crash on a motorbike and the bike landed on top of me , i was traped underneath , had cars actually drive around me. I had to wait for a friend also on motorbike come back and lift it of me , but thats life hey.

Dayvo said:
Another motorist caught up with him and shamed him into getting out to see if the cyclist was OK. He looked genuinely concerned/guilty/ashamed

Arch said:
I'm not sure those two sentences correlate.....

On discovering that he had caused a cyclist to fall and hurt herself, he looked very apologetic; until then he was totally unaware that he had done anything wrong due to his attention being elsewhere, and was only brought back to the here and now by the other motorist who was remonstrating with him!

Ranger

I've said it in another thread, but people very rarely stop. In my latest incident (RTC's seems to follow me around, but always in front of me) cars were squeezing through the gap between the car and the motorbike it had hit whilst I was giving first aid to the motorcyclist in the middle of a roundabout.

I don't know if people are scared of doing something wrong or what, but honestly if you see someone laying in the middle of the road just going and talking to them will at least make them feel like someone cares and is trying their best to help them out

Top Bottom