A great opportunity...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Cant think where else to put it but really pleased for my grandson, believe it or not, 21 and has never had a proper job ....hes lacked drive, enthusiasm...always took the easy route.
But he has just got a place in a local garage, learning the basics, oil changes, tyre changes etc etc, seen over by by his step dad (a qualified experienced motor mechanic)
What a golden opportunity hes being given, plus he is buzzing, you can see he is really excited about it, comes home mucked up to his armpits his mum tells us, I'm probably as excited for him as he is.
Going to dig out my toolbox, donate some of my best stuff for him (Facom spanners etc)..if he sticks with it. Hes already planning his toolbox out after a visit from the Mac tools van.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Good for him. I've always believed that it's just a question of slotting into the right occupation given the chance.
I almost went into the motor trade at a big North London dealer, went for the interviewed, got told to get my hair cut, went back with shorter hair but Mr Big said it wasn't short enough ( it was the late sixties) so that was that. Went in an entirely different direction, got into sales and was very happy there.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Cant think where else to put it but really pleased for my grandson, believe it or not, 21 and has never had a proper job ....hes lacked drive, enthusiasm...always took the easy route.
But he has just got a place in a local garage, learning the basics, oil changes, tyre changes etc etc, seen over by by his step dad (a qualified experienced motor mechanic)
What a golden opportunity hes being given, plus he is buzzing, you can see he is really excited about it, comes home mucked up to his armpits his mum tells us, I'm probably as excited for him as he is.
Going to dig out my toolbox, donate some of my best stuff for him (Facom spanners etc)..if he sticks with it. Hes already planning his toolbox out after a visit from the Mac tools van.

Excellent news, hope his enthusiasm is maintained, and, it all works out! ;)

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@gbb what a fantastic start for the lad
Hope he enjoys it as much as i did when i first started my working life
There is nothing nicer than having warm atf fluid trickling down your arm ^_^

Reactions: gbb

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Sometimes they just need a nudge in the right direction. I have wondered if there is a lack of emphasis on certain careers at school? It's OK getting them through the exams but what next? Not everyone including some youth want a high tech job behind a desk with a bunch of 1's and 0's on their screens...
Either way im glad he has found enthusiasm and drive. :okay:

Brilliant, I'm pretty handy with the spanners as I own 4 old vehicles ranging between 1962 and 1984.

My Lad has 2 motorcycles and I've always tried to pass on my knowledge without success.

Best of luck to him.

Top Bottom