A Half Century Challenge hilly forum ride (Todmorden/Hebden Bridge), Sat 28th Apr 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
So we have put together a route of about 65 miles for the 21st July starting in Knaresborough. Have started another thread (if only I knew how to link to it here!)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
So we have put together a route of about 65 miles for the 21st July starting in Knaresborough. Have started another thread (if only I knew how to link to it here!)
THE MISSING LINK! :okay:

[Copy the address of the post from the browser, click the link icon (7th from left in the icons above the post editor's text area), paste the address into the URL text field on the popup box, then click the INSERT button.]

I have signed up for the ride!

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

The little offroad section I tagged on to this forum ride was well received by @Littgull and @skudupnorth so I have decided to organise another similar ride but featuring a lot more light to moderate offroad (no really gnarly stuff).

I will be riding various candidate bridleways/dirt roads later today (Thursday) with Littgull. It will take a few more such rides to cover most of the candidates and then I will think about the best way to connect them together. I will aim for at least 1/3-1/2 of the distance to be offroad and may organise the ride as a 50 km loop within a 50-miler again, with a cafe stop in the shorter loop.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
The little offroad section I tagged on to this forum ride was well received by @Littgull and @skudupnorth so I have decided to organise another similar ride but featuring a lot more light to moderate offroad (no really gnarly stuff).

I will be riding various candidate bridleways/dirt roads later today (Thursday) with Littgull. It will take a few more such rides to cover most of the candidates and then I will think about the best way to connect them together. I will aim for at least 1/3-1/2 of the distance to be offroad and may organise the ride as a 50 km loop within a 50-miler again, with a cafe stop in the shorter loop.
I will be up for that if the boss is not working, that route was fantastic

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Much of today's route was really more suitable for a mountain bike. We didn't do the second half that I had planned. The wind was a bit chilly on the tops, and we gave way to the temptation of the sheltered tables at the back of Tod's Wetherspoons. We sat out there in the sunshine drinking coffee, having a snack, and chattering. It was getting a bit late when we set off again so we just did a little more and then went our separate ways. Route research to be continued ... :okay:

Top Bottom