A Hampshire Bimble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
At last a CC outing, thanks to Pete for organising a great day, a special thanks to Rich for sorting out my puncture, great to meet you and everyone else. Great to put a face to the forum names. Looking forward to the next one. BTW Al, nice bike.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Loved it and so did MrsP. What a great day, nice ride, nice countryside and excellent company!

Many thanks to Pete for organising it.

Faces to forum names is always fun on these rides - good to meet The Jogger, RuthieBAV, Beatlejuice, Snail, Bollo, 4F...

...and the old chums too - even Al.

some pics here - https://picasaweb.google.com/richardpount/Bimble?authkey=Gv1sRgCJH1vtyfv_bU8wE#

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Blimey.. I see pics of MaccyB on a bike.. what ever next?
biggrin.gif

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Big bang? I thought I was back in Belfast, my automatic reaction was to duck lol , welcome to the forum, good to meet you and Ruth today.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Nothing so profound from me, I'm afraid. Just wishing everyone a fruitful, peaceful ride in decent conditions. Special prize available for photographs showing Al on a bike, in motion. All entries must be accompanied by a cogent explanation of the chain position in relation to the cogs, and also the 'gear inches' in the picture.

Here you go 'teef, although something about this image just doesn't ring true. As for gear inches, I'm more concerned with the denier count of the fabric that says 'Gazetta dello Sport' across his coccyx.:eek:

Like many on here, its good to put faces and characters to internet personas. Good company all round.

Heroes - Pete, for organising a ride that transcended 'bimble' by some distance, lukesdad for riding much further and faster than is natural and 4F for giving me a lift home in time to avoid the wrath of the Doris.

Villains - South West Trains (I'll leave that tale to Ant), the drivers of Hampshire (you did not cover yourselves in glory) and my knees ( a trip to the menders comes one step closer).

Ta Pete!

med_gallery_1103_236_4218.jpg

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Bloody people with cameras!!!!!!!!!! that's my loosest top, be a while before I fit back into my lovely merino again :blush:

Great day, though I had a fairly early puncture, thankfully only the one, and then suffered really badly from 45 miles to the end at the 62 mile mark. Jelly babies from Jogger, choccy bar from Pete and a can of full fat coke from a shop helped a bit, but it was a struggle. Still the Road Morph pump got used in anger 5 times(twice on a strangers bike that was in need) and performed very well, most happy with that bit of kit. Some twinges in right knee tell me I might need to lower saddle a touch and the aches everywhere else tell me I need to get more ride fit. But the bike was lovely, just a shame I couldn't really do it justice, though it started the day so clean(unused) that even Ian would have been proud.

Lovely bunch of people, all of whom were quicker than me, so it was marvelous to be nursed round the 'FLAT' course. It's a long time since I was in school and obviously the meaning of the word flat has been changed since then. :whistle: I've also discovered that I hate cycling over cattle grids and my left elbow hates them even more. Though that was a minor inconvenience next to the way my legs just seemed to give up the ghost. I even had to walk one hill when I still had a 24t inner ring I could drop to(I would detail the gear inches but Teefs' head may explode).

The route was actually really good and some of the views stunning though the New Forest was remarkably busy today. Very well organised by Pete and he spent the whole ride making sure everyone else was ok....star performance that man!!!!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
just got back, m25 was up to its usual hassle with a broken down lorry in the middle lane grrr which meant 2 lanes were closed, slow moving for about an hour. A great ride Pete and great company from all who attented. Glad the wrath of Mrs Bollo was not as bad as feared and thanks for the cup of tea.

4F

Pete, re quite a few pages ago and the term "a couple of small offroad sections but nothing much" I was wondering who was going to be the first one to fall in that puddle on Cow Poo Lane which was about the same size as the Caspian Sea. Even Moses would have struggled to part that one..... a most excellent ride

Ha ha! Thanks Paul, and well done MacB. Yes, my head has a tendency to start popping at the slightest inkling of intellectual effort but it looks like today's company would have been ok for me..Mark, Pete, Al, Paul, Rich, Tony - the list goes on*. Sorry to have missed a proper Vet's promenade.
Bring the flask to American Golf on the A30 tonight Al - as we pass, en route to 240 miles or so of bliss! :smile:

Well done Pete!

4F

Thanks all for a great eventful day- exploding tubes(hence the name),Blood, spills and cake..great to meet everyone. Nick

I have to say Nick yours was by far the most impressive puncture suffered en route yesterday. I cannot say I have ever heard a tube blow like that before, bravo :bravo:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Just a little note re Rich P and Bollo...flattered as I am by their attention, with camera, to my butt, I really must complain about the sexist aspect. Not that they took the pics, not that they posted them online and not even the creepy aftertaste they leave me with :ohmy: No I'm more concerned that the one pic of my butt makes it but the 30 they each took of Roz haven't been posted :whistle: Is it that they got to their little 'darkrooms' and decided some were for public viewing and some were for the 'private collection' :tongue:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Just a little note re Rich P and Bollo........ it that they got to their little 'darkrooms' and decided some were for public viewing and some were for the 'private collection' :tongue:
I'm building up quite the collection of 'cheeky' man-on-bike shots in my computer's cache after Rich's homage to the Brighton nekkid cycle ride the other week. People could get the wrong idea.......

Top Bottom