A Hampshire Bimble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukesdad

Hello fellow bimbler s :biggrin: It was a good day wasnt it. The boy did well (Pete) :thumbsup: I think we can forgive his slighty conservative description of the flat route and gentle pace ( I think he was trying to make up for time lost due to Tinys dissapearaing jacket potato at the lunch stop!). Talking of dissappearing Rich kept going off the back always re appearing with, a member of the fairer sex. Whom he claimed to have been in distress....mmm :whistle:
That is a nice piece of kit you have their Al and im not talking about what you ve got in shorts :rolleyes: If the touring bug takes off like I hope it will. A trip to Mr Burls could be on the cards.It was nice to meet every body and hope to see you all again soon. Any way back to sleep ,or.... has this all been just a dream ? :blush:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
lukesdad, respect you loon. :bravo:

RUTHIEBAV

Jenny it was lovely to meet you, I hope your leg is mending. I'd forgotten Rich's "Rawhide' that was so funny. The 'catch up' stops were part of the ride and I was very grateful when I got left behind to see everyone waiting for me. It was nice to stop for a minute's rest every now and then, it added to the ride. Hope to see you on another of Pete's rides (Pete please take that as a massive hint!)

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Nice ride - thanks Pete for organising :bravo:

Apologies for the sudden dash to the first station but there trains were only one per hour (from the Beaulieiehghui (sp? ;) ) Road station and we had decided not to complete the full loop and ride back to Winch, on grounds of getting back to the smoke at a reasonable hour. Thanks to some sterling lead-out work by LD we arrived with 5 mins to spare... shame the dispicable toad from SW trains refused to let us on because only one door opened at that particular station (dunno why because the platform was long enough for 3 carriages, easy).

Some mild panic ensued but I eventually found Ashurst via Garmin and plotted the quickest route. We put the hammer down as the rain was threatening and we were both eager to get back. How embarrasing that we caught up with the main group who had stopped for something, a cpl of miles down the road. Anyway - after a few brief explanations and hello/goodbyes we set off again and found the A35, which was a pretty quick road, down into Ashurst. SW trains had elected to allow cyclists to use the station and we eventually got back into Clapham J about 19:30.

The New Forst was quite a unique landcape to cycle through, I was pretty impressed. Some lovely sweeping curvy sections were on show and it was hard to resist. I got a little carried away just prior to the pub lunch and ended up a cpl of miles down the road chasing down 2 random MTBers, who I had thought were from our group, at a distance :whistle:

Anyway - good to see some new folks and catch up with some faces from the past :thumbsup:

Oh and Rozz said she enjoyed herself too, so thanks to all who were welcoming to non-CCers! There was a special mention for you Rich :girl:

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
So glad everyone enjoyed that, and thank you all for your kind comments.

Sorry about the off-road section at the beginning..... I really have never seen it that wet before and unfortunately the alternatives are main road and far less pleasant.

I will see if I can find some "proper" hills for the next ride, just so as to give lukesdad some more exercise. He obviously doesnt get enough at home.

Ruthie's suggestion of Blissford springs to mind, or there are some lovely crossings of the South Downs.

Or.... seeing as how MacB lives at the other end of Hampshire, isn't it his turn to find a "flat" route ?

Will take a look at peoople's pics later .... I've just arrived in Paris (work trip) and hotel internet connection is not the fastest.

RUTHIEBAV

Here's the photos that I took. Didn't manage to get one of everyone so apologies if I missed you.

Ruth's photos of the Bimble

uum-gSHaS1PeEX9DFbV_FH8C8ruDOuXHF7zOHiqri3qZErK8-I8zfFNQ8SBkgzOt62N4kZyJJpk0_DiHo=w1920-h1080-no.jpg

_kBsay50ueRXpotPPuRIQeKT0RSFfLx1-K6uMA04rpdfEEdxvNhvbi91aBV1SgFm39Co1kx1FdOUhyVlk=w1920-h1080-no.jpg

SXSTEnUeN-8VrfAkiNA4cTGJRjuEnvHyfYyrEUt4XYiJZ-CcHOh4EvGTwZvaNSLBYPiO3ABKfTl802DhA=w1920-h1080-no.jpg

JL42msFtmDhGANOzd98HzlzVl6hLZoGnzklWBH1n0MkbDid_ZIwQEQqa60O2zCLO5uNN4-Et4RVH3M9xA=w1920-h1080-no.jpg

6M0lckrYENl2t-baok_ND63r6SI_jnL9h7XSUTw4uWvEYHaV7leY2PFN3ekR0vKORttLAI_viL0Eq6zS0=w1920-h1080-no.jpg

mQt3ZQUwrF51JtCLQRPjXwvUb5HT2_puP2pjNusiRpdjdDXx2uMLfDrJmlw0wf1Crjc6Awvh5Y21a8FgE=w1920-h1080-no.jpg

SAXBUycAi78cvo0UoI6wz6UTsDhBw0mkFHKbw0ijaHot6o4O9xSEsbI9N1xHk_BBwtE0-25mko_TitZH0=w1920-h1080-no.jpg

DPYWR3OLiyHIbv4bgKNW28YT_t5PoIAt0Nabf5bfU1hebg9bj4BDaHidVa1J45VgVRor77pzpZobHeF-k=w1920-h1080-no.jpg

8HJQ7UeVJQZSnnmmYTkrFARmUz_TjtQopnOoHrV3Dw18e3eA3sZmnJS6DEacxfZPozEtYM6cIDAi8N8DE=w1920-h1080-no.jpg

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
So glad everyone enjoyed that, and thank you all for your kind comments.

Sorry about the off-road section at the beginning..... I really have never seen it that wet before and unfortunately the alternatives are main road and far less pleasant.

I will see if I can find some "proper" hills for the next ride, just so as to give lukesdad some more exercise. He obviously doesnt get enough at home.

Ruthie's suggestion of Blissford springs to mind, or there are some lovely crossings of the South Downs.

Or.... seeing as how MacB lives at the other end of Hampshire, isn't it his turn to find a "flat" route ?

Will take a look at peoople's pics later .... I've just arrived in Paris (work trip) and hotel internet connection is not the fastest.

Blissford? Is that especially for lukesdad? That's a bugger of a climb, failed dismally to ride up it in two attempts.

the snail

Guru
Thanks for your efforts Pete, a thoroughly enjoyable day out, nice route and good company. Delightful scenery, cute ponies etc. crazy hot-rod cars and an exploding inner tube made for a memorable ride. If there's a next time (yes please!), rather than add hills, lukesdad can always ride there via Snowdon or Ben Nevis?

lukesdad

Thanks for your efforts Pete, a thoroughly enjoyable day out, nice route and good company. Delightful scenery, cute ponies etc. crazy hot-rod cars and an exploding inner tube made for a memorable ride. If there's a next time (yes please!), rather than add hills, lukesdad can always ride there via Snowdon or Ben Nevis?

Ha ha,you must have put in a fair few miles yourself by close of play :thumbsup:

lukesdad

I'm sure you're all dying to know how my bike-inflicted wounds are, so here's a photo. They have been attended to by a doctor-type person, and degreased/cleaned up with some stuff that HURT VERY MUCH :sad: followed by an iodine dressing. The scars will be a badge of honour!

[attachment=4017:P1000488.JPG]

Looks sore.

Hornet

Hey, thanks for organising Pete.

Good to meet you all - my first ride (and my first ever forum post) - really enjoyed the day, hope to do it again soon. Did anyone else get sunburn, or was that just me?

Please note - any reference by Paul to "Brokeback Mountain" was a joke ;-)

RUTHIEBAV

I'm sure you're all dying to know how my bike-inflicted wounds are, so here's a photo. They have been attended to by a doctor-type person, and degreased/cleaned up with some stuff that HURT VERY MUCH :sad: followed by an iodine dressing. The scars will be a badge of honour!

[attachment=4017:P1000488.JPG]

Ouch! It was impressive on Sunday with all the blood leaking through the dressing.

Top Bottom