A lesson from a coach driver...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
Aye, but it doesn't really help and it has obviously confused the chap at the company.

I'd never dream about complaining about a clip I saw on youtube without at the very least asking the person who posted it.

Hey ho.xx(

Welcome to the world of unintended consequences...

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
xx(

I thought I was rather polite. I didn't swear once! :ohmy:

we couldnt tell..at one point only dogs could hear your voice:biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL, that happened to me on one clip, a user had already complained to the company. I don't think we have much to say about that, it's entirely up to the other person whether they complain or not.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

I have just received this reply.

Hi Dave
Someone did use this clip and said that they were involved in the incident.
I reviewed the clip and found out which driver was at fault. As my reply to
the previous correspondence, the driver will be interviewed, presented with
the clip and disciplined.

Many thanks for this.

Regards

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I've just complained to youtube about the person complaining about the clip that you used to make a complaint.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Can I please register a complaint about Bollo complaining to youtube about the person complaining about the clip that Mags used to make a complaint?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
[quote name='swee'pea99']Can I please register a complaint about Bollo complaining to youtube about the person complaining about the clip that Mags used to make a complaint?[/QUOTE]I'm complaining about not having my tea yet. I'm hungry!!! ;);)!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm complaining about you calling food "tea". Tea is a drink, dammnit!

J4CKO

Its difficult to say without having lived through the same experience, the video kind of lets us know what went on but not how we would have perceived it being there.

I think my take would be to use the cycle lane when there is loads of traffic and perhaps just going a bit slower in it when its busy, it looks fine from the video, better than a lot of roads but again difficult to say until you are howling long through the debis and potholes.

I think in this case the coach driver wasnt going 100 percent out of his way to be a twat and has no right to use a ten tonne vehicle to educate someone on a bike, sometimes there does seem to be some escalation of a minor incident into a big deal, almost like you are playing to an audience due to the camera, "look what he did to me" and then rather than just getting on with it following it up and kind of making it worse, the video with the truck cutting across you was genuinely scary but this, its sequel just doesnt make me think it was you being totally the victim, I see it 50/50 and have coach passes as close if not closer than this on Chelford road regularly, thing is, at least the side is smooth and there is less opportunity to interface with the rear wheels compared to a quarry wagon or tipper, funny how cycling makes you think.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
;)

Really that was horrendously close. A poor overtake at best, and most likely an intentional one. Playing to the camera indeed.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I reckon I have very few problems with bus drivers. Best of all are London buses, they are totally awesome for the most part. I'm a fair amount more sceptical of stand-alone companies like this one, their drivers don't seem to take nearly as much care and concern as the TfL ones IME. Of course there are bad eggs, but much rarer than with car drivers IMO.

Norm

magnatom said:
Oh, stop pussyfooting around and just tell me I'm a to$$er! :smile:
As no-one yet seems to have take you up on this offer... Magster, you are a to$$er. :ohmy:

stowie said:
... but it appears the driver was more than willing to make his point with a large vehicle. Unacceptable in my book.
This is the critical bit for me, the driver's reaction and words when you later came alongside is evidence enough to convince me that he intended to use his larger vehicle to push you to the left.

That has got to be a bad thing!

Cab said:
That might be a fair cricitism; its a tough call, where to be if you're not using a cycle lane. You can argue that primary position on the road doesn't change, or you an instead argue that the cycle lane creates a new 'gutter' and to be most visible you need to be in primary in the main lane. Tough judgement call, that one.
Which is pretty much why I said that I ignore cycle lanes. The only effect that lane would have on my road positioning would be if the paint was at around the point I'd otherwise have chosen to cycle, then I'd move to the right of it.

Cab said:
...but all of that said it remains the fault of the overtaker if the pass is too close.
+1 again. Overtaking vehicle keeps clear.

jonny jeez said:
....you have, without doubt, the highest pitch, most girliest "Angry" voice of any scotsman I have ever come across.
;)
And another +1. My dog now runs out of the room when he hears a YouTube cycling clip start up, after watching "The Tanker Sketch" about a hundred times.

BentMikey said:
Really that was horrendously close. A poor overtake at best, and most likely an intentional one.
Rats... BM has already said what I wanted to say.

Top Bottom