A little suggestion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
Feel free to shoot it down in flames if its a bad idea, but I would find it useful:

Could the blue bar at the top of the page (My Account, FAQ, Community, etc) be added to the bottom too?

That way I dont have to scroll back to the top of the page whenever I want to click New Posts or My Account again. :laugh:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
+1 i was thinking the same :smile:

Shaun

Founder
Okay, well, I thought it was a pretty good idea too, but after several attempts at replicating the nav bar at the bottom of the page I failed.

I have, however, come up with a compromise.

If you look above the Quick Reply window you will now see a link - Jump to the top.

This will jump you back to the full navigation bar at the top of the page, as opposed to just jumping to the top of the posts - which the current Top link does.

I know it's not exactly what you wanted, but hopefully it'll come in handy.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Bman

Bman

Guru
I think thats a pretty good compromise :eek:

However, the method you've used seems to reload the page instead of just jump to the top (like Wikipedia articles for instance). What if you used this :
<a href="#">Jump to top.</a>

Dont worry if its too much effort/your busy. Its very minor in the great scheme of things :blush:

Shaun

Founder
AFAIK I've coded it correctly - the anchor tag only points to the named anchor, not the full URL so it shouldn't reload the page.

What browser are you using?

Cheers,
Shaun :blush:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Works fine for me in Google Chrome and IE8

Shaun

Founder
Bongman said:
IE8

Maybe it's just me? :sad:

I know this is going to seem like a really odd suggestion, but could you try deleting your forum cookie and seeing if that resolves it? (search FAQ for cookie and follow instructions to delete)

Any good?

Cheers,
Shaun :blush:

Top Bottom