A lot of metal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I was back at hospital yesterday for a check up after being knocked off my bike in November. Got to see x-rays of my left knee. There's an awful lot of metal in there now!

Good news is that the doctor is very pleased with how the knee is healing and after 7 weeks of hopping he says I can start to put the foot on the ground. It's feels rather wierd doing that. I'm hoping to hear about physio soon and perhaps it won't be too long before I can get out of the house. Though I think making the trip upstairs will take a bit longer.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Pictures !!!!

vickster

Legendary Member
What did you actually break - kneecap or one of the big bones?

It is odd if you've been non weight bearing for a while...felt very strange (and uncomfortable) putting foot down after cast was removed from lower leg after ankle op (and I went straight into a boot for a bit longer)

Good to hear things are progressing :hugs:

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

What did you actually break - kneecap or one of the big bones?

It is odd if you've been non weight bearing for a while...felt very strange (and uncomfortable) putting foot down after cast was removed from lower leg after ankle op (and I went straight into a boot for a bit longer)

Good to hear things are progressing :hugs:
According to the notes from the hospital it was the left proximal tibia which I think is the very top of the shinbone.

Doctor also said I can leave the brace off at night but I was too scared last night in case l moved in some way I shouldn't. Will have to be brave tonight:laugh:

OP
OP
annedonnelly

annedonnelly

Pictures !!!!
Sorry I know you clever folks would have been taking pics of the X rays. It was hard enough for me to concentrate on what he was showing me!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I had a lot of hassle getting pics of my xray, the doc didn't want me to have them. In the end, he let me take a screenshot as long as I missed all of the references off. :whistle:

I had no issues. The Senior Nurse brought her laptop over to me and said 'you are going no-where matey - look at these'. She just happened to be an old classmate of mine and was married to an equally stupid cyclist, so knew 'the score'. Busted. 6 1/2 weeks later was I allowed out of hospital bed. :ohmy:

Top Bottom