A lot of us would agree with this guy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Yes and no... Of course there's an awful lot of truth in it, but the engineer in me rather likes buying the new unnecessarily complicated and exotic bits just to tinker with :laugh:

davidphilips

Veteran
Agree with you , I was out today for about 5 hours on a 65 year old bike and a friend was on an almost new bike with di2 know it was not mtbs but i was able to keep up and enjoy the cycle just as much on an old bike as i would have on a new latest and very expensive bike perhaps more.

Only thing is i still spend more than is senseable on bikes know i could save a lot by not buying bikes and related bits but its my hobby/sport/transport and spend a lot less than i would if i smoked or went out drinking so over all consider it money well spent.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Agree with you , I was out today for about 5 hours on a 65 year old bike and a friend was on an almost new bike with di2 know it was not mtbs but i was able to keep up and enjoy the cycle just as much on an old bike as i would have on a new latest and very expensive bike perhaps more.

Only thing is i still spend more than is senseable on bikes know i could save a lot by not buying bikes and related bits but its my hobby/sport/transport and spend a lot less than i would if i smoked or went out drinking so over all consider it money well spent.
I think some of us have a lot more fun than you regardless .

Top Bottom