A lunchtime in his own Legend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok, so Will Smith's latest has smashed box office records. But why? It's not based on a book/comic/game with an established fanbase. It's not the third part of a trilogy that has millions (and me) wetting themselves with anticipation. It's just a remake of an old sci-fi film. So why the massive success?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Well, technically it's not a remake of Omega Man, it's a second version of the original novel, I am Legend... I've got no idea why it's done so well apart from it being WILL SMITH, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it... maybe it's just good? Stranger things have happened...

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Flying_Monkey said:
Well, technically it's not a remake of Omega Man, it's a second version of the original novel, I am Legend... I've got no idea why it's done so well apart from it being WILL SMITH, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it... maybe it's just good? Stranger things have happened...
WILL SMITH isn't enough of a draw to guarantee mega box office, no single actor is. Remember Wild West (wicky wah wah) or I am Robot? Even if it is good, that's not enough to beat the likes of RotK, Harry Potter, the new Star Wars films (spitsxx(). They had a huge established fanbase plus they were part of a series. Legend doesn't have any extra factors to boost it's box office. I'm seriously intrigued by this....

col

Legendary Member
Chuffy said:
I have no idea! I mean, I know films. I can't believe that there is a mega blockbuster that I am completely oblivious about. Goddamit! :biggrin:

The reason i say that,is because there was a question mark whether he is or not.I didnt know about it really,until i watch wossy on friday,with will smith as a guest.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Argh!

yenrod

Cinemas didnt bother in taking the usual profits :biggrin:

Chuffy said:
Ok, so Will Smith's latest has smashed box office records. But why? It's not based on a book/comic/game with an established fanbase. It's not the third part of a trilogy that has millions (and me) wetting themselves with anticipation. It's just a remake of an old sci-fi film. So why the massive success?

Top Bottom