1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A lunchtime in his own Legend?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Chuffy, 18 Dec 2007.

1. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Ok, so Will Smith's latest has smashed box office records. But why? It's not based on a book/comic/game with an established fanbase. It's not the third part of a trilogy that has millions (and me) wetting themselves with anticipation. It's just a remake of an old sci-fi film. So why the massive success?

2. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

Well, technically it's not a remake of Omega Man, it's a second version of the original novel, I am Legend... I've got no idea why it's done so well apart from it being WILL SMITH, but I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it... maybe it's just good? Stranger things have happened...

3. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

WILL SMITH isn't enough of a draw to guarantee mega box office, no single actor is. Remember Wild West (wicky wah wah) or I am Robot? Even if it is good, that's not enough to beat the likes of RotK, Harry Potter, the new Star Wars films (spitsxx(). They had a huge established fanbase plus they were part of a series. Legend doesn't have any extra factors to boost it's box office. I'm seriously intrigued by this....

4. col

col Veteran

I like the look of it too,not the usual type of film,is he alone ?

5. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

There may be a dog.

6. col

col Veteran

It was a comment,as in is he isnt he?:biggrin:

7. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

I have no idea! I mean, I know films. I can't believe that there is a mega blockbuster that I am completely oblivious about. Goddamit! :biggrin:

8. col

col Veteran

The reason i say that,is because there was a question mark whether he is or not.I didnt know about it really,until i watch wossy on friday,with will smith as a guest.

9. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

Argh!

10. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Cinemas didnt bother in taking the usual profits :biggrin:

11. col

col Veteran

You didnt miss it did you?:biggrin:

12. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

what's it about?

13. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

14. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Hmmm! I'll wait for the DVD: It's gotta be a dead cert before I rustle the huskies and head for the cinema.

Edit: Did I say rustle? I meant muster or whatever you do with huskies. It might be mush the huskies!

15. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

looks a bit like 28 days later.