A Mahoosive thank you to BentMikey.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As the title says a massive thank you to Bentmikey.

Let me explain...

I'm on my temporary commute from Baker Street, Central London to Westerham in Kent, and I've started to bonk again (I'm a not-so-fit fat-git on a squeaking Carrea TDF) in Keston. After about 5 minutes of me trying not to puke while looking for my lungs, I'm sure they were on the floor at some stage, I hear 'are you alright mate.'.. Lo and behold there is BentMikey there on his recumberant (sic).

To cut a long story short, he offered me some carbs and water, which although I had some on me was a very nice gesture, the thing I am even more grateful for was he stayed with me until we went our separate ways.

Once again many, many thanks.

Chris

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We bikers are good. Good on yer BM. :biggrin: and WELCOME Mr brambles. :thumbsup:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
That sounds like him.

I commute from South Croydon to Baker Street, so i'll look out for you in that area and say hello.

potsy

Rambler
Nice one BM, knew you were a decent fella really, despite what some on here think :whistle:

I stopped to help a yoof on a bike yesterday, unfortunately he needed a spanner for his wheel nut and I didn't have one, but it's the thought that counts. Right? :biggrin:

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
As he's a CC member, BentMikey stopping to assist a fellow cyclist is of no surprise to me :hugs:.
What brought a tear to me eye is Mr brambles has now become a cycling :angel: too. :welcome: Mr brambles.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Chapeau Mikey! I had some cyclists stop to assist with a puncture last weekend. It's one of the best things about cycling - the camaraderie.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Westerham to the West End is a fair old slog for a commute and it's not one of those hill-free Thames basin routes (like from here in Deptford up to town, for example). How many miles are you clocking up a week?

LazyCat

Sounds like BentMikey. Always the first to stop with an encouraging word, a Chupa Chups or to telephone an ambulance when needed(!). I've been on the receiving end of all of those before.
Thanks Mike -- much appreciated
rolleyes.gif

Top Bottom