A 'Manual, For A Manual'....................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnblack

Über Member
Haven't had a manual in years, don't see the point. A modern double clutch 7/8 speed auto is quicker through the gears than human so 0-60 is quicker and more fuel efficient. Plus clutches always used to leave me with uneven wear in my shoe soles.

D

Deleted member 26715

12 MILES AWAY FROM ME IS A HUGE BUNCH OF BRAMBLES ...... in the brambles is a V12 Jaguar ..... THE OWNER ... says i can have it if i cut the brambles away ... .... but i do not have the space to work on it ..... A group project ?... Join the project ? Form a project team ..... A V12 JAGUAR DISSOLVING AWAY WHILE WE DO NOTHING ........ ... Any engineers, Jag fans, etc ... OUT THERE .................. ?
I could potentially save the donkey, but the tin worm is of no interest

tyred

Legendary Member
12 MILES AWAY FROM ME IS A HUGE BUNCH OF BRAMBLES ...... in the brambles is a V12 Jaguar ..... THE OWNER ... says i can have it if i cut the brambles away ... .... but i do not have the space to work on it ..... A group project ?... Join the project ? Form a project team ..... A V12 JAGUAR DISSOLVING AWAY WHILE WE DO NOTHING ........ ... Any engineers, Jag fans, etc ... OUT THERE .................. ?

Which model?

Sir would require rather deep pockets to restore a Jaguar of any type.

Oxford Dave

I have an auto, my wife has a manual. I often drive both cars during the day without (much) trouble, but prefer the auto, not least because an injury to my left foot means it gets a bit sore after a few gear changes with a manual.

Gunk

Guru
I have an auto, my wife has a manual. I often drive both cars during the day without (much) trouble, but prefer the auto, not least because an injury to my left foot means it gets a bit sore after a few gear changes with a manual.

Me too, My Golf is auto as most of my driving is in Oxford city centre, and Mrs Gunks Mini is manual, we both hop from one to the other without thinking. We did have a period of both having autos and it took some time to used to driving a manual again, so one of each seems to work.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Mrs B's car has a DSG 7 speed; her first automatic, which she was reluctant to test drive. Having bought the car, if she has to replace it I know an auto will be the first specification on the list. If my (manual) car is replaced, it will now also be the first item on my list.

Gunk

Guru
I rarely drive into Oxford, but did so today, and used my auto for it. Not least because I was picking up a new bike and there's a lot more room in my car!

What have you bought?

Top Bottom