A Million Cycled Miles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
A more palatable link here without the unsavoury side link stories - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-first-person-britain-cycle-one-million-miles

Amazing guy! All the signs are there of course, unmarried and owns 5 bikes, living the dream.

Puts my paltry efforts to shame as even now at the age of 82 and 3 years after a heart attack his 8kpa is still double what I manage each year.....

I hope a lot of people/cyclists turn out to cheer him along on Friday, I would if he were local to me :okay:

Slick

Guru
A more palatable link here without the unsavoury side link stories - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...-first-person-britain-cycle-one-million-miles

Amazing guy! All the signs are there of course, unmarried and owns 5 bikes, living the dream.

Puts my paltry efforts to shame as even now at the age of 82 and 3 years after a heart attack his 8kpa is still double what I manage each year.....

I hope a lot of people/cyclists turn out to cheer him along on Friday, I would if he were local to me :okay:
Great idea to cheer him on, brilliant achievement and as you say, even at 82 is it, and he still covers more mileage than I do and I think my legs get sore. Shut up legs and try and keep up with the old boy.

13 rider

Guru
Staggering achievement . You know it's impressive when @Supersuperleeds is impressed by someone mileage
I only hope to be still be fit enough to be riding at his age
( Which is a long time off before you comment @Supersuperleeds )

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Most of us can only dream of achieving even half of that so what a fantastic target he has set. Congratulations Sir.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's quite mind boggling. The consistency required over a whole lifetime to do that is on another level. 1,000,000 miles between 1952 and 2019 comes out at an average of 287 miles (462 km) a week over 67 years. Add in the dedication to keep records of it all. Phew.
41 miles for every day of my life plus the 4 years before I was born, and I am not far off being an OAP... :wacko: (<---- boggled mind!)

Top Bottom