A mixed bag today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Holdsworth

Über Member
It was glorious weather today, lovely and sunny throughout and rather warm. I had my shorts and short-sleeved jersey on for the first time for commuting this year and it was the perfect choice of clothing for the conditions.

The weather turned out to be the only good thing about the day though!!!

I had two idiots overtake simultaneously on a tight, blind left-handed bend here. This really s*** me up as I was holding secondary throughout the bend and there is a bit of rough road surface half way round. The first car overtook just before the bend and the second right after and slowly passed me as I went round. My approximate line was between the shadows of the two lower fence rails. None of them looked as they passed even though I was shouting to make my presence known (an airzound might've helped here). I was lucking in that were no oncoming cars!!!

Then when I returned to my bike later in the day to set off home, I discover that my rear tyre is flat and the dust cap is missing. I assumed someone had let my tyre down as I am certain the dust cap was present in the morning and the tyre was rock hard during the morning ride. I pumped back up to 120psi and then went and informed security at work of what had happened.

And finally down at the Middlewich Road traffic lights, I discovered my tyre was flat again after a visit from the P/F. I don't know if the flat at work earlier and this one were related.
I rode another mile on the deflating tube and then walk the last few hundred metres home, I know I shouldn't have but I was CBA to swapping tubes so close to home.
When I came to repair the tube this evening I find two leaks, one on the seam and another to one side quite a bit away. Nothing embedded in the tyre from what I could see and still one dust cap short after swapping tubes.

There also seemed to have been a RTC at the traffic lights, a couple of cars on the verge plus an ambulance and police car in attendance.

Tasker

Yeah it happens - and just when you least expect it to. Things like you've just said I mean.

Chin up! The weather's getting better and hopefully soon we'll all be pedalling away once again down those little country lanes that they'll never discover, under a blue sky with that euphoric sense of freedom ! :hello:

Brommie77

They must have been hounding you yesterday then - as I my commutes were wonderful with no issues. Take it easy and remember that car drivers are only jealous of you enjoying the sunshine and petrol fumes fresh air while they are shut up in their tin boxes :biggrin:

Top Bottom