A new twist!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lynx

upsidedown said:
This has been playing on my mind all day, it's just such a shocking thing to happen, completely random and unprovoked.

Last night i had something similar but not as extreme, just a guy shouting and giving me the v signs through Stourbridge. I shrugged it off then, but it makes me wonder what sort of loons are out there that can be provoked by someone riding a bike.
Ah the inbreds are still there. Probably did it to every vehicle.

OP
OP
jiggerypokery

jiggerypokery

Über Member
Jaded said:
You should write a carefully crafted letter to The Times, describing what happened and then ask the question about the link between media coverage and public behaviour.

You know what - I think I might just do that! I'll mull this over for a while, selct my words with care and then send something off to the letters page. Will let you know when I do so.

Thanks for the pointer.

bryce

What a daft, illogical, upsetting and frankly, annoying thing to say.

I'm sure we've all got an arsenal of witty/ angry/ pithy retorts to use but how do you react to that?

I would go for a blitz of unadulterated abuse. Just no point in arguing/ reasoning with a guy like that who clearly has anger issues as a result from some deficiency in his life.

leoc

That sucks JP! I don't blame you for being upset, even if it's totally moronic, noone likes to be abused.

Talking about the moronic, I rode on the critical mass a couple of times last year, and a bunch of people kept shouting "GET A JOB!" at us. Figure that one out :blush:

BentMikey said:
Why even bother to get upset with him?

A simple "Well done!", take a picture/some video of him, and move on.

Easier said than done!

I've yet to suffer that kind of ignorant abuse, but once the red mist had died down (probably after I'd hauled him out of his car and, well, whatever) I'd just smile, nod my head approvingly, give him an ironic round of applause and the thumbs-up sign, and say 'well done, very clever!'

hackbike 6

Had an incident at Mile End some woman on a mobile phone at the traffic lights this morning so proceeded to shake my head sadly.Had the headphones on so I couldn't hear her but suspected it was some sort of obscenity didn't hear what was said but proceeded to stick a twoer up as I pulled away.Was waiting for her to crash into me (in a sort of road rage mentality sort of way) as I was going straight on and she was turning left.

Perhaps I was wrong and you are allowed to use mobiles at traffic lights but I suspect that she was possibly using it for longer.

It's amazing how people react even they cannot see they are terribly ignorant and disregarding of peoples safety.

With JP's motorist comment cars kill more people than bike riders of any sort.

spindrift

It can be funny to repeat back at them exactly what they say to you, but in a squeeky, high-pitched voice.

I did this to a cabby and the vein in his temple writhed like a lugworm.

He's an idiot, you only had to put up with him for ten seconds, he has to put up with himself for the rest of his life.

hackbike 6

Second incident (near Southwark Bridge) was a sort of landrover drifting into the cycle lane as I was by his side so I proceeded to bib my left fort horn with three toots and then stick my finger on the right fork horn as I went past and as I looked in I noticed he was putting his mobile phone down.

I didn't actually realise at the time why he was drifting to the left,if I had known I wouldn't have attempted that sort of overtake.(Doh)

Top Bottom