A new twist!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jiggerypokery

Über Member
It's obvious that the "Cyclist kills pedestrian" story has caught the imagination of the public at large.

Why?

Last night on my ride home from the office I stopped at the lights, got my self ready for the off, looked right at the car by my side to make sure he wasn't indicating left and was on the receiving end of this:

GET OFF THE ROAD YOU ****ING LYCRA MURDERER

I've had accidents, been egged, chipped, coke canned and nudged but this actually made me cry when I got home (note to self - HTFU!). I've never been so angry, offended and upset all at the same time while on my bike and not mulling over an argument with my wife.

I'm 37 years old, I ride responsibly, I don't say boo to geese unless they warrant it, and well...Jeezus...what the **** is happening to people and their manners???????

I see this as an ongoing symptom of the war in the Gulf, Asylum seekers, Daily Wail syndrome in that if one "insert stereotype here" does it then they all do it and are all at fault.

Tetedelacourse

Haven't heard of such mindless idiocy in quite some time. Sorry to hear that you were on the end of it JP. Let's hope they are paid a visit from the karma police.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Should had told the fat funker to funk off.....

Cyclists are in for a right meida bashing at the moment, so it's our responsibility to show others how we should ride.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
What a horrible thing to happen, i find it amazing how people feel they have the right to spoil somebody's day without a thought.

Hope you're ok JP, don't take it personally.

Tetedelacourse

I know it's not civilised and my sense of responsibility and decency would probably never allow me to do it, but once, just once, in a situation like this, I'd like very much to pull someone out of their car and kick f**k out of them.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Maybe you should have pointed out that he too is a murderering fat, lazy tw@t by the same illogical thought process.. as lots of people get killed by cars, and he's driving one.

Tosser.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I wonder if the twat says the same thing to his fellow motorists, given the vastly larger number of people they kill each year?

Sorry this happened to you JP.

Cab

Sometimes the problem is quite simple; he's an impotent, trouser-department impaired a$$407e. Don't analyze, don't think about it, just write it off as the other guy being the equivalent of the back end of a dinosaur; a giant reptilian sphincter.

Mr Pig

It's depressing. You would think that they would be doing everything they could to get people out of cars and onto bikes. The idea that the world is going to change, stop burning fuel and become a nice, happy place is rubbish. We're doomed because at the end of the day people are too selfish and stupid to be any better.

Did you get the reg of the car? I would report it to the police, and you should send off a letter to the papers letting them know how their reporting effects things.

Hope you have a nice weekend dude :0) Who cares what some mindless pile of crap thinks.

mickle said:
I'd have murdered the daffodil, just to prove him right.
Ha ha, yeah that's a great idea.

Imagine, just as his feet were kicking and he was in his death throes, you could have been whispering: "You were right", into his ear.

Ha ha ha...

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I know exactly what you are talking about. One time I was at a set of traffic lights left lane takes left, right lane takes right, I'm taking a left. A jeep pulls up in right lane -guy leans out and just starts berating me, swearing, etc.

I was so stunned, all I could do was shout back "hey have a nice day too!" before the lights changed. Afterwards it really shook me up -I'd turned onto the road shortly beforehand with no traffic behind or in front of me, not overtaken him, he'd not overtaken me, so clearly I'd not had any kind of run in with the driver or even seen him before. Why would he do this?

And that's the crux of what upset me so much -it wasn't that I'd even "got in his way", cursed him or had even seen him before, it was just so incredibly random with no apparent logical cause -what kind of person has that kind of anger built up? It took me a long time to get over that incident.

I wouldn't say boo to a goose either, but if I could have hit him around the head with a baseball bat, I'd have done it -then of course I realized, he's more than likely like that, and I don't want to be like that.

Sadly there are people like that out there. They must be extremely unhappy and have rationalization problems -I'm guessing they probably live pretty nasty lives.

Top Bottom