A pavement parking odyssey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Oh aye, the fats just melting away! :laugh:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
View attachment 392168
Not only pavement parking but grass verge parking,which is even worse to an extent. Nice grass verges cut up by lazy sods who just drive over them or park on them,then leave big unsightly tyre tracks. They even do this in the local cemetery even though the man who works there has put bollards and boulders down to try to protect the turf.

In Bristol, the council re-landscaped this to make it a bit more attractive:

castle park.png

This was the state it was in about two days after the Heras fencing came down ...Grrrrr:cursing:. A week later, I saw a cop putting warning notices on cars.
Photo-0003.jpg

Photo-0002.jpg

Photo-0005.jpg

They use the disabled access ramp too....

Last edited:

Freds Dad

Veteran
View attachment 392168

In Bristol, the council re-landscaped this to make it a bit more attractive:

View attachment 392170
This was the state it was in about two days after the Heras fencing came down ...Grrrrr:cursing:. A week later, I saw a cop putting warning notices on cars.
View attachment 392171
View attachment 392172
View attachment 392173

They use the disabled access ramp too....

It needs the council to go down after they are all parked up and install more bollards to block them in.

captain nemo1701

It needs the council to go down after they are all parked up and install more bollards to block them in.
Those pictures are about two years old. Since they were taken, more cycle parking has been provided so that vehicles can no longer drive to toward the bus shelter in the right of photo 2. But you can still drive up to the left of the electricity sub station and even across the grass although no-one seems to have done that recently and the tyre ruts have all but gone as in the first picture. Still not perfect as there are usually two or three cars parked up.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
I'm thinking of getting a mask and a cape and becoming an avenging super hero...

The Jogger!

View attachment 392151

Maybe you should dress up as well?

captain nemo1701

A street near me. Note the former pavement on the left, now just a long dropped kerb. I suppose the intention was that since the parking bays are or three cars (two residents, one visitor) that the designers assumed people would like to park at right angles to the road. However in reality, some like to park parallel and so often there are cars blocking the pavement...sorry, dropped kerb. And I have witnessed people driving along the dropped kerb to get past vehicles taking a right turn about 100 yards down on the right. They treat the dropped kerb as simply another part of the road. One does feel a bit exposed walking on that side of the road as there is no kerb to speak of that would discourage people from driving on it. No kerb to bump up, easier to regard it as another part of the road. Plus, they seem incapable of simply waiting a few seconds - easier just to keep driving, save precious milliseconds...etc.

Actually, the way some folk park now, it seems to have become a national habit for to just mount the pavement to park without batting an eyelid. I see it more and more.
ps1.jpg

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
On similar lines people who think its ok to block exits to a roundabout so they can squeeze on and join the queue that is not going anywhere anyway.on the way home yesterday i had to get around a van that had decided to block the road mid roundabout.
Yes i know ishould have kept my mouth shut but you know, tired of numpties i said idiot to which the passenger responded by calling me a paedo, its amazing that when challenged the average moton responds with name calling involving sexual preferences,

D

Deleted member 26715

Bit of a revival but 2 I've come across recently the Audi this morning, teacher who couldn't be arsed to pull into the car park this is a main A road you had to step put into & then the van a couple of weeks ago.

20181209_124038.jpg
20181028_131039.jpg

Top Bottom