A pavement parking odyssey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
Despite the commonly parroted refrain of the councils making money off these schemes, I suspect that as appeals and other feet dragging by the culprits are factored in, these schemes at most run at cost.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Despite the commonly parroted refrain of the councils making money off these schemes, I suspect that as appeals and other feet dragging by the culprits are factored in, these schemes at most run at cost.

I think Councils losing money is more common than Councils making money (think Croydon, Nottingham for starters).

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Yet theres enough money for contractors to make a profit on their contracts for not emptying the bins properly, not maintaining the road surfaces as they should.

There's always money in the budget for someone to make a profit, but never enough to actually do something properly.

I'm against that, but won't go further down that road because it becomes political. However, if a contractor can self fund their activities by issuing penalties to the stupid, and pass some money back to the council while doing so, then that's one bit of privatisation I don't mind at all. The stupid, lazy and inconsiderate deserve to have their wallets raided, and if the money goes to a useful cause then so much the better.

Windle

Über Member
Yet theres enough money for contractors to make a profit on their contracts for not emptying the bins properly, not maintaining the road surfaces as they should.

There's always money in the budget for someone to make a profit, but never enough to actually do something properly.

I'm against that, but won't go further down that road because it becomes political. However, if a contractor can self fund their activities by issuing penalties to the stupid, and pass some money back to the council while doing so, then that's one bit of privatisation I don't mind at all. The stupid, lazy and inconsiderate deserve to have their wallets raided, and if the money goes to a useful cause then so much the better.

Amen to that, with knobs on.
Lazy inconsiderate parking, speeding through built up areas, illegal number plates, throbbers who drive around with their fog lights on all the time, farting about with their phones whilst driving, fine the bloody lot of 'em, they're a menace to the law abiding populace, use them as cash cow and see how much more dosh the local council can generate for actually providing services. Hell, if this was rolled out nationwide I reckon the national debt could be paid off within a couple of years., all without upsetting the law abiding taxpayer.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not great pics at all, due to er a lack of light, but you can vaguely see this car has been parked on the pavement outside my flat, leaving such as me about 1 foot of pavement! I've taken action and bent the 2 hat's wing mirror forward and chucked my banana skin on the offending vehicle's windscreen! If it's still there tonight I'm going to chuck dog shoot on it and I might even set fire to it!! 🧐 :cursing:

nc_ohc=k1CzqaIHpQAAX_a-vhS&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=GbB1HR4MbNUAX9UPztg&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=JgW7Kjz14xoAX-tmQvv&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=QTe92ivy3bQAX9dZM15&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Not great pics at all, due to er a lack of light, but you can vaguely see this car has been parked on the pavement outside my flat, leaving such as me about 1 foot of pavement! I've taken action and bent the 2 hat's wing mirror forward and chucked my banana skin on the offending vehicle's windscreen! If it's still there tonight I'm going to chuck dog shoot on it and I might even set fire to it!! 🧐 :cursing:

View attachment 724539

View attachment 724540

View attachment 724541

View attachment 724542

The beauty of darkness Accy is you can kick the mirrors off and be on your way without anyone being any thr wiser. And in your case, who is going to believe that a well dressed criminal dandy is going about vandalising cars? The police will probably go and arrest Nigel Havers by mistake.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I have a full set of wheel dollies. That would have been lifted and rolled out into the middle of the road and left there if it had been dumpedmon my driveway. I'd have deliberately left it blocking the road so the dibble would lift it.

A friend once arrived at his business in the centre of York to find that someone had parked their car in the access road blocking him out and his staff in. He hitched the car to to his Defender and hauled it out into the street.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This git really annoys me! He's parked that object in the disabled bay I use before for days on end. Yes, he's entitled to, but he doesn't even live round here. There he is with his blue disability parking badge yet parking
half way on a pavement, blocking the way for others who are disabled!:angry:

nc_ohc=t7lGj9pu8uMAX97IkwF&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=XAHbATwSmuIAX8hpBgW&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

nc_ohc=lmW__yD9tZsAX-0bw7m&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-2.jpg

nc_ohc=APJZccVi5eYAX_UxHuP&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
This git really annoys me! He's parked that object in the disabled bay I use before for days on end. Yes, he's entitled to, but he doesn't even live round here. There he is with his blue disability parking badge yet parking

View attachment 725194

View attachment 725195

View attachment 725196

View attachment 725197

Some able-bodied people are thoughtless and selfish, some disabled people are similarly afflicted.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member

View attachment 725194

View attachment 725195

View attachment 725196

View attachment 725197

Depending on the exact weight, could well be an offence. It is prohibited to park any vehicle over 3.5t on the footway. A lot of carncils won't enforce it unkessmits 7.5t upwards, or a commercial vehicle.

Dag Hammar

Depending on the exact weight, could well be an offence. It is prohibited to park any vehicle over 3.5t on the footway. A lot of carncils won't enforce it unkessmits 7.5t upwards, or a commercial vehicle.

According to the DVLA website the “Revenue Weight” is 3850 kg. Don’t know if that may assist if anyone wants to report this vehicle for parking partially on the pavement.

Top Bottom