A pavement parking odyssey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I have mentioned this before on these hallowed pages, but when in PM you'll need a permit to be able to buy or own a car, and a permit wont be issued unless you have proof of off road parking at your home address. Much like Tokyo do, but for those with no parking you'll need a bicycle I stead of a Kei car.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
There's a story on the local rag about a £3million pot being made available for "projects" with the usual speed cameras, cycle lanes, road safey schemes being put forward as examples. But what picture do they use to illustrate the story - this one...
Idiot parking.jpg

White van man inside a solid white line bike lane, blocking the pavement and on double yellow lines!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
There's a story on the local rag about a £3million pot being made available for "projects" with the usual speed cameras, cycle lanes, road safey schemes being put forward as examples. But what picture do they use to illustrate the story - this one...
View attachment 496771
White van man inside a solid white line bike lane, blocking the pavement and on double yellow lines!
And inside he was chasing the dragon while eating a dead hooker.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My sister's new estate is a nightmare. The road is just wide enough for two cars. All 4 and 5 bed, most have older children, detached, but literally a foot or two between houses. Just space for two cars. My sister has one of next doors cars permanently on the pavement outside her house. There isn't room to park properly on the road when visiting, never mind living there.

classic33

Leg End Member
View attachment 496771

classic33

Leg End Member
My sister's new estate is a nightmare. The road is just wide enough for two cars. All 4 and 5 bed, most have older children, detached, but literally a foot or two between houses. Just space for two cars. My sister has one of next doors cars permanently on the pavement outside her house. There isn't room to park properly on the road when visiting, never mind living there.
There's cars being repaired, either to be sold on or just repaired on a daily basis next door. Often three at a time, meaning their own car ends up on the pavement opposite. Allows more room for getting onto the drive.

The work supplied breakdown van, is often used to hide what's being done, by parking on the pavement. At other times its parked up on the pavement on the opposite side of the road.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Builder on path (from NCN FB group)

Last edited:

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Stopped at local shop last night to buy milk. Outside on pavement, faffing with adjusting bike lights, spotted car across other side of road to me, pulled in but indicating to pull out..?. No vehicles parked outside shop (for once, usually busy as next door to chippy). Enough space to park a bus legally. So I set off, check behind as I turn to see bloke cross street in car, drive up onto the pavement so much that the kerb was scraping the inside of the passenger side wheels. Absolutely no need whatsoever to do that, poor lazy driving.
001.jpg

gbb

Legendary Member
There's cars being repaired, either to be sold on or just repaired on a daily basis next door. Often three at a time, meaning their own car ends up on the pavement opposite. Allows more room for getting onto the drive.

The work supplied breakdown van, is often used to hide what's being done, by parking on the pavement. At other times its parked up on the pavement on the opposite side of the road.
I will ask my SIL, he mentioned this the other week, not sure if its against local authority rules to conduct repairs at the roadside...ive found a similar story here...
https://retailmotorlaw.co.uk/index....-home-for-cash&catid=34:our-company&Itemid=78

gbb

Legendary Member
There are similar estates like this everywhere, Hampton estate near us is the same, you can see cars all over the place, on the grass, crowded outside houses, on paths....makes you wonder why on earth they didnt realise before buying or renting the place.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Any restrictive covenants in the deeds, some estates have these i.e no commercial vehicles on the drive.
Aye, my Brother suffered that, solicitors for the managing agent complaining about his "commercial vehicle", until he pointed out his Landy 130 was registered as Private Light Goods and told them to sodu offu. He heard nothing since.

Top Bottom