A pavement parking odyssey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
What on earth is the point of that car parked liked that? The dark hatchback to the right has no problem parking on the road. Maybe the driver of the yellow one is trying to sell the house claiming it has “off street parking”.

That would be Mr C Khan, sometimes at Portland Place London W1 1AA Although I believe he resides in Birmingham.

Last edited:

keithmac

Guru
Funny this thread has come up today.

I was walking my daugter to school and there was a taxi waiting at a house up the road from us.

Car was parked on drive, completely blocking footpath.

Got up to the side of it, driver was doing the "look the other way" routine. Didn't even look at us.

Thought to myself bxllxcks to waking on the road so we walked up and round the back (into the garden) just as the owner was locking the door on the way out.

Had half a mind to knock on the drivers window but couldn't be bothered to wind myself up before work..

DRM

Guru
I had a belter a couple of years back, I was walking up to the shop when about 700 yards in, I came across a car being moved about, I'm guessing from the drive onto the main road, the driver was trying to turn around so they weren't reversing onto a busy main road, so I waited for them to finish the manoeuvre and clear off, the path is very wide at this point, but after waiting for him the window went down, did I get a thank you, no, I was asked loudly whats your effin problem, this is with a young child strapped in the back, followed by it's a bridleway I can drive on here it's in my deeds, I just said what a fine example to your child, oh & I do hope it's a bridleway as it's illegal to drive a mechanically propelled vehicle on one so I think the law might want a word if it's true, the baboon just set off at a rate of knots, looking like what I believe is now termed gammon, nearly hit a car on the main road in the process.

classic33

Leg End Member
CAM01241.jpg

Hit both the wall and the mirror getting through.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I had a belter a couple of years back, I was walking up to the shop when about 700 yards in, I came across a car being moved about, I'm guessing from the drive onto the main road, the driver was trying to turn around so they weren't reversing onto a busy main road, so I waited for them to finish the manoeuvre and clear off, the path is very wide at this point, but after waiting for him the window went down, did I get a thank you, no, I was asked loudly whats your effin problem, this is with a young child strapped in the back, followed by it's a bridleway I can drive on here it's in my deeds, I just said what a fine example to your child, oh & I do hope it's a bridleway as it's illegal to drive a mechanically propelled vehicle on one so I think the law might want a word if it's true, the baboon just set off at a rate of knots, looking like what I believe is now termed gammon, nearly hit a car on the main road in the process.

There was a definition of 'gammon' on R2 Jeremy Vine last year. As I listened, I thought 'they must be Daily Mail readers' and then the killer line..." and they hate cyclists".

Deffo Mail readers, some likely Bristol Post gammons too.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Today, I'm sure not all WVM park like this, just the majority it seems at times.

View attachment 460387
☹☹☹☹/10 A good display of basic incompetent parking, but only scores 4 out of 10 due to lack of originality, although it gets a bonus point for the lovely funnel effect there, tempting people to try wheeling past then to reverse back awkwardly when they can't get out the far end, plus even those who don't attempt it now have to go even further out into the road to get past the stuck-out nose.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
On our local village Facebook page (hours of fun to be had there) it’s a regular gripe is pavement parking.

Multiple car ownership per household, laziness and not giving a f*** all contribute.

Same up here. But the mostly c1900 streets weren't designed for cars to be parked on them, just for a couple of horse and carts to be able to pass one another on them. If they all parked fully on the roads, there's no chance a bin wagon, fire engine or ambulance would get through many of the side streets... not that i'm defending them. It's just a fact. They should all buy a bike and not bother with a car, like what i did :okay:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
If they all parked fully on the roads, there's no chance a bin wagon, fire engine or ambulance would get through many of the side streets... not that i'm defending them. It's just a fact.

It's also a fact that if they can't park fully on the road without causing an obstruction then that's a huge clue that they need to find another location.

Top Bottom