A pie chart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
you need to venture south of the M62
You'd need a very good reason TVC...

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
have a word with your young ones it's nearly fathers day

image_16353_1_195315_1_38903_1_48_1_24717.jpg

http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/pie-apron.html?___SID=U

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
North goes into mourning
13-08-13
PEOPLE in the North will observe three days of mourning following the death of the founder of Pukka Pies.
meatpie250.jpg

Don’t compromise
Chip shops in the region will close as a mark of respect to their fallen hero and a 100-foot granite chicken and mushroom pie has been commissioned for the company’s home town of Syston.
Carlisle taxis driver Wayne Hayes said: “This must be what it felt like in America when Kennedy was shot.
“All the blokes in work are wandering around in a daze – Fat Roy burst into tears when he heard the news, making him the first bloke to cry in Carlisle since 1872.
“I’ve rewritten that Don Maclean song so it says ‘Bye bye, bloke who made lots of pies, Had a bevy with our Trev and we then bought four or five. They’re good with sauce when drinking bitter or mild, singing this’ll be the day that you died’.
“I’m getting a tattoo done of it, next to my one of Eddie Stobart.”
Pie is a staple foodstuff in the North, as the pastry casing leaves the Northerner’s other hand free to hold a glass or form a fist.
Pukka Pies became so popular in the region that Tyneside linguists claim the term ‘pukka’ is not of Hindi origin, rather it is the Newcastle word for a person’s pursed lips while sucking the gravy out of a minced beef and onion pie.
Hayes said: “If Alfie Scraps, the inventor of the little bits of batter you get with your chips, dies then I don’t think I can carry on.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/north-goes-into-mourning-2013081378441

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Yeah right. As mentioned before, I did not mourn the death of the maker of Pewka pies. They were a disservice to world of pies: limpid crusts containing meat of uncertain type and an over seasoned gravy rendering them suitable for use only as offensive weapons, the hotter, the more offensive.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
If it comes in a fancy box, it ain't worth considering. Boxed pies rarely score more than six on my pieometer.
Ah I thought they were probably all too jolly and stuff to have good pies they do seem to be trying a bit too hard.

Do you just do pies or do you do meat puddings too?

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Ah I thought they were probably all too jolly and stuff to have good pies they do seem to be trying a bit too hard.

Do you just do pies or do you do meat puddings too?

I am firmly focussed on pork pies and their variants. There's only so much waistline expansion that I'm prepared to tolerate. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am firmly focussed on pork pies and their variants. There's only so much waistline expansion that I'm prepared to tolerate. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Newbolds in Darlington many years ago used to do the most amazing warm pork pies. One straight out of the oven was pure heaven. I was devastated when they shut down. Their cheese and onion pasties were a thing of beauty and tastiness too ^_^

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Taylors did the best pork pies in town and Zisslers did the best sausage rolls in my opinion.

Brittons made nice meat and tattie pies but they too have closed down.

Top Bottom