A pie chart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Nah.

This would look better.

20080915-piechart.jpg

Mrs M and I shall be having a few days away in York in May, so I mentioned that it might be a good idea to pick up some porcine pie-ery on the route home. Boroughbridge, Thirsk and Northallerton will be visited.

Brandane

Legendary Member
M&S Key Lime Pie is the best.
I have tried for a week in the homeland of KLP to find a better one, but so far without success.
I have one week left to continue with my mission (by Tricross, which is not missing the wind and rain).

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Mrs M and I shall be having a few days away in York in May, so I mentioned that it might be a good idea to pick up some porcine pie-ery on the route home. Boroughbridge, Thirsk and Northallerton will be visited.

A better itinerary would be Boroughbridge - don't forget the farmhouse sausage, black pudding and bacon, Ripon - Appletons (best eaten warm) and Marleys, Bedale - Cockburns (large variety of pies) and Asquiths directly opposite.

Northallerton has a great but expensive grocers Lewis and Coopers which should have Bothams of Whitby pies plus at least two more plus a good selection of cheeses - Coverdale is particularly recommended if you are tempted by the Simnel cake check the price tag on the bottom of the cake - it will save you from fainting at the till. J Thompson is a short walk to the left of Lewis and Coopers and has a decent range of pies. It also has a tea shop and cafe upstairs.

Enjoy the pie trail. :okay:

I'll be travelling up to Scotland May Bank holiday via Boroughbridge and at least one other pie shop to pick up porcine supplies on my way to Knockengorroch festival near Cairsphairn.

A better itinerary would be Boroughbridge - don't forget the farmhouse sausage, black pudding and bacon, Ripon - Appletons (best eaten warm) and Marleys, Bedale - Cockburns (large variety of pies) and Asquiths directly opposite.

Northallerton has a great but expensive grocers Lewis and Coopers which should have Bothams of Whitby pies plus at least two more plus a good selection of cheeses - Coverdale is particularly recommended if you are tempted by the Simnel cake check the price tag on the bottom of the cake - it will save you from fainting at the till. J Thompson is a short walk to the left of Lewis and Coopers and has a decent range of pies. It also has a tea shop and cafe upstairs.

Enjoy the pie trail. :okay:

I'll be travelling up to Scotland May Bank holiday via Boroughbridge and at least one other pie shop to pick up porcine supplies on my way to Knockengorroch festival near Cairsphairn.
That looks a do-able route homewards :becool:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
You haven't come over to Lancashire i see. Any particular reason?:hello:
He's keeping to a strict pietinerary.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

I did have a pie in Wigan when I cycled from Liverpool to Leeds along the canal. I liked it but it was pre-pie chart and I can't recall it's source. I'm not totally averse to mass produced pies - I do have a soft spot for the Morrisons' hand moulded pork pies baked in-house though I can't say that I've seen any on sale recently.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I did have a pie in Wigan when I cycled from Liverpool to Leeds along the canal. I liked it but it was pre-pie chart and I can't recall it's source. I'm not totally averse to mass produced pies - I do have a soft spot for the Morrisons' hand moulded pork pies baked in-house though I can't say that I've seen any on sale recently.

Have you been here? http://www.malhamdale.com/townend.htm The best pork pie i've had but i'm not a big pork pie fan, so they might not be all that good?:smile: Anyway, they seem to be full of pork not mush!

Top Bottom