A pothole you would not want to hit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paul04

Über Member
I spotted this pothole yesterday in oldham, and just had to take a picture of it. the picture really does not do it justice, it was about 10" deep and 20" across,
Not sure what would be left of a bike wheel if it hit it.
I have reported it
pothole.jpg

Sara_H

Guru
At least the locals are trying to help fill it by chucking their rubbish in!

djb1971

Legendary Member
There's a ton of these appearing again, and they're deep too!

There's a few monsters on the way out of Crewe that would hold a front wheel with ease.

Lien Sdrawde

Über Member
There's a ton of these appearing again, and they're deep too!

There's a few monsters on the way out of Crewe that would hold a front wheel with ease.

I have a theory on this. As the water table is so very high this year compared to previous years, the level of destruction to the upper surface of our roads will break all previous records.
I know this to be possibly true.

Biker Joe

Über Member
These sort of potholes are certainly on the increase and you have to be a lot more vigilant than you used to be.:angry:

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Yep, N. Essex got its fair share at the moment. Expect to see it get worse before it gets any better.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Has the picture been deleted for some reason - I can't see it!

ColinJ

Nope I can see the picture
I tried refreshing the page and still can't see it using the Opera browser - I will try it using Firefox ...

Oh, that worked - interesting! I'll try and find out what the problem was in Opera.

As for the pothole - nasty! :eek:

ColinJ

Hmm ... Opera's error console is reporting about 40 CSS errors and a huge number of warnings. I'm surprised that any of the page is visible at all! :laugh:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I was in a chain gang a couple of weeks ago and all you could hear every few seconds was riders shouting "hole". After about thirty minutes I started to find it quite comical. Tried not to laugh out loud as I wouldn't have been able to shout hole as well.....

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Anywhere east of The City in London seems like riding on rubble. Hammersmith is pretty bad too, and Kings Road is well worth a miss. There was hole the size of a bucket ( and as deep) on Putney Bridge. I would guess that the Swiss, French,Germans , Canadians, and most other temperate countries are wetting themselves with laughter.

[Daily Mail mode OFF]

Top Bottom