A PPI question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Its an outfit called Comsumer Refund Service. Claims to be regulated by Claims Management User (i assume i can check that).
This "offer" came as a letter as against the normal emails/texts.

JohnHughes307

Über Member
I only ever had PPI once, on a loan with a former bank and that was over 20 years ago. I've got no proof or records from back then (can't even remember exact dates or amounts), so I'm not sure any claim I made would be accepted.

Plus the fact that I knew what PPI was when it was sold and went through all the T&Cs with them at the time - e.g. they didn't mis-sell it to me or try and trick me into taking something I couldn't claim on, which I know was the main issue for quite a lot of other people. Although I'll admit the main reason I accepted it was because they offered me a significantly lower interest rate on the loan if I took it up, which actually SAVED me money in the long term (I'm guessing the person in the bank branch made more commission on PPI than on the loan?)

If it was with Lloyds then it will definitely pay out. They basically have now got to the point that they can't justify selling it to anyone. Worth a try with the others as well I think.

keithmac

Guru
I've juat set the ball in motion, got 10 on the list (Egg and Nothern Rock being top of the list..).

They will take 30%+vat and do all the donkey work which is fine by me, betyer than 100% of nothing..

I'll be honest, if stupid, I'd never noticed it, I just looked at the payment figure every month
SWMBO (good lass!!) pointed it out, & said "Ring them, to see what it was" as it wasn't worded as PPI/insurance, but something else

I did so about 6 weeks ago, & set the process going, expecting maybe £1,000 - £1,500, enough to take SWMBO away for her birthday

I received a reply & cheque yesterday
I was convinced it was a misprinted cheque, so rang them today... twice..... in case the first lady was pulling my proverbial...……… but no, the amount they told me was the amount on the cheque:wacko::eek:

I'm still stunned, even when I payed it in, at the Bank this afternoon, after work

DSCF6331.JPG

screenman

Legendary Member
I'll be honest, if stupid, I'd never noticed it, I just looked at the payment figure every month
SWMBO (good lass!!) pointed it out, & said "Ring them, to see what it was" as it wasn't worded as PPI/insurance, but something else

I did so about 6 weeks ago, & set the process going, expecting maybe £1,000 - £1,500, enough to take SWMBO away for her birthday

I was convinced it was a misprinted cheque, so rang them today... twice..... in case the first lady was pulling my proverbial...……… but no, the amount they told me was the amount on the cheque:wacko::eek:

I'm still stunned, even when I payed it in, at the Bank this afternoon, after work

View attachment 426508

Not going to Butlins then.

irw

Quadricyclist

View attachment 426508

Drinks are on you then!

keithmac

Guru
I got £280 from Barclays (egg), they claim it was sold in good faith..

Fancy swapping cheques ;).

simonali

Guru
I did one for an old Egg credit card and they rejected my claim that I was mis-sold the PPI, but they also declared that the commission gained on the PPI was excessive. Cue a little cheque for 700 quid. Better than nuffink!

Top Bottom