A question for Alexa users.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm thinking of getting two Echos, one inthe living room along with one in my lad's bedroom.

If I tell it to do something, play some music, set a timer, etc, will it do it on both speakers, or is it clever enough that I can tell it to do it on only the one speaker that I ask it to?

screenman

Legendary Member
I'm thinking of getting two Echos, one inthe living room along with one in my lad's bedroom.

If I tell it to do something, play some music, set a timer, etc, will it do it on both speakers, or is it clever enough that I can tell it to do it on only the one speaker that I ask it to?

Only one at a time here, we have 4

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Simply name them appropriately, such as Kitchen, Lounge, Bedroom then you can ask to play on whichever device you like, if you don’t specify a device it plays it on the one you are talking to. You can also ‘drop in’ on other devices for a chat. This drop in function gets used a lot in my house as I can keep in touch with everyone else when I am in the garage.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
"Alexa, did you and your human supervisors enjoy today's bedroom chat?" :whistle:

Independent article said:
Amazon has admitted that employees listen to customer voice recordings from Echo and other Alexa-enabled smart speakers.

The online retail giant said its staff “reviewed” a sample of Alexa voice assistant conversations in order to improve speech recognition.

“This information helps us train our speech recognition and natural language understanding systems, so Alexa can better understand your requests, and ensure the service works well for everyone,” Amazon said in a statement.

“We have strict technical and operational safeguards, and have a zero tolerance policy for the abuse of our system. Employees do not have direct access to information that can identify the person or account as part of this workflow.”

Amazon does not explicitly state in its terms and conditions that humans review customer recordings, though its Alexa privacy settings offer users the chance to opt out of helping the firm “develop new features”.

[LINK]

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Simply name them appropriately, such as Kitchen, Lounge, Bedroom then you can ask to play on whichever device you like, if you don’t specify a device it plays it on the one you are talking to. You can also ‘drop in’ on other devices for a chat. This drop in function gets used a lot in my house as I can keep in touch with everyone else when I am in the garage.
We have an echo show linked to the FIL, makes it easy to drop in on him and check hes ok especially after MIL died .

vickster

Legendary Member
Hope you don’t mind a certain Mr Trump and his cronies knowing about all your mundane activities as well as your deepest and darkest secrets :whistle:

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I find all this voice recognition IT for the home very creepy.
Why would you want to have something listening to you all the time that's connected to Google? :stop:

Drago

Legendary Member
Hope you don’t mind a certain Mr Trump and his cronies knowing about all your mundane activities as well as your deepest and darkest secrets :whistle:

I like that - "Mr Trump". Showing due respect for the great man!

I'm quite comfortable with Mr Trump knowing what I'm up to. As a Republican and fervent anti communist I will be in a position of power and authority when the New World Order comes.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I like that - "Mr Trump". Showing due respect for the great man!

I'm quite comfortable with Mr Trump knowing what I'm up to. As a Republican and fervent anti communist I will be in a position of power and authority when the New World Order comes.
I doubt many Google employees are Trump supporters.
Your personal info will probably end up Hilary's camp.......
Yer doomed mate. :laugh:

Top Bottom