A question for helmet wearers

I'm a helmet user and I ....

• ...think helmets should be compulsory.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • ...do not think helmets should be compulsory.

Votes: 46 88.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
It should remain personal choice and not be compulsory.
I always wear a helmet and would do with even the shortest commute. I’ve seen to many pictures of smashed up helmets that no doubt in many, not all, would have saved the wearer from serious injury or death.
I would love not to wear a lid but in my opinion it’s not worth the risk, I have a wife and children and choose to take every precaution so I get home to them safely.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Do you wear one when you have a few pints and are at a higher risk of head injury? Or only when cycling with a lower risk?
This is not really worth responding to, you sound as though you choose not to wear a helmet and that’s absolutely fine. I don’t think helmets should be compulsory just personal choice, my choice is different to yours that’s all.

Jimidh

Veteran
I wear a helmet on the road and MTBing and whilst I think it’s up to the individual and shouldn’t be compulsory I would question anyone who wouldn’t wear one whilst “ proper’ MTBing on rocky or tree lined routes.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
It worries me slightly that so far, 12.8% of voters are in favour of helmet compulsion. That's over 1 voter in 8, on a supposedly sensible cycling forum. What hope have we got? :sad:

I suppose a follow-up question to the compulsion voters would be: Why?

I wonder how many responses would be evidence, and not anecdote, based.

Mod Note

As it's proving impossible to keep this thread to the terms of the poll and the op without deleting most of the replies which wish to discuss the more general helmet debate, we are reluctantly closing the thread. The poll will remain open and I suggest you continue the discussion in the long running helmet debate thread, referring to the poll as necessary.

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/the-cyclechat-helmet-debate-thread.187059/

Apologies to everyone who posted a reply but never had it approved.

Edit: Unfortunately I can't seem to keep the poll open with the thread closed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom