A question for older (or more knowledgeable) cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IaninSheffield

Veteran

Spent a few days at the C&CC site in St Neots last week and whilst out walking, I just stumbled upon this very plaque.
An internet search later on, in addition to other background information, also brought me to this CycleChat thread.
One of the elements in a nearby sculpture I regularly passed then made a whole lot more sense:

Cycle sculpture_Eynesbury.jpg

DRM

Guru
I recall having a yellow PVC rain cape, didn’t get used much, but it basically did what it was designed to, the only other rain coat I remember wearing was when riding to the Air Training Corps Meeting was the RAF foul weather jacket, shame we never got the matching trousers as the thing was so waterproof your trousers were soddened from 2/3 down, also trying to pedal in boots too, such fun, and the beret taking flight on the descent down into Batley! brakes weren’t as good then to turn round and go find it :tongue:

D

Deleted member 1258

I recall having a yellow PVC rain cape, didn’t get used much, but it basically did what it was designed to, the only other rain coat I remember wearing was when riding to the Air Training Corps Meeting was the RAF foul weather jacket, shame we never got the matching trousers as the thing was so waterproof your trousers were soddened from 2/3 down, also trying to pedal in boots too, such fun, and the beret taking flight on the descent down into Batley! brakes weren’t as good then to turn round and go find it :tongue:

My cape is upstairs somewhere, I think under the bed with my work bag.

presta

Guru
When my father first introduced me to fellwalking 53 years ago, he bought us each a yellow PVC cape, and black Sou'Wester.
I don't recall ever wearing them, thankfully.

Top Bottom