A question for you engineers/stonemasons or general DIY folk.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Just to state the obvious, I can't see if those inserts are blind or have through holes. If they have through holes then tape off the bottom so none of the epoxy runs into the thread.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Many thanks.
Is that price correct.... £2.35 EACH????

Whilst they'd doubtless do, for the purpose you mention, I'd try and get something smooth sided and hence need a smaller hole in the marble. The araldite will hold it in, and surface area of the bond is the thing. The external ribs on that one look like they're for things like plasterboard and the like.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Whilst they'd doubtless do, for the purpose you mention, I'd try and get something smooth sided and hence need a smaller hole in the marble. The araldite will hold it in, and surface area of the bond is the thing. The external ribs on that one look like they're for things like plasterboard and the like.
Thanks.
Just looked on ebay and they seem plentyful.......Im sending this from my phone and dont know how to paste the link

TVC

They would be better located too, I interpreted that Dave wanted something he could get his hands on quick at Screwfix, If he's buying on line then there are plenty of options.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Reminds me of a mate's story from years ago when he worked for BT. He needed some plastic conduit for some project or other, so ordered 3m. Chap arrives with it saying "where do you want it?", "stick it under my desk", says my mate. "ho ho ho, very funny"...
Turned out he'd not ordered 3m or whatever it was, but 3 "lots" of 100 units of 10m lengths. There were two lorry loads of the stuff outside.

Even better was ordering 500m of 5 way cable. Took ages to deliver, and when it eventually arrived, they had 5m of specially manufactured 500 way cable
A similar thing happened at Bond St SAAB, they were ordering a rear bumper for a 900 Cabriolet when someone said to the guy ordering it "Get another 1 for stock" so he changed the order to 2. A week later 21 rear bumpers arrived, ordered specially from Sweden by the distributers.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
A similar thing happened at Bond St SAAB, they were ordering a rear bumper for a 900 Cabriolet when someone said to the guy ordering it "Get another 1 for stock" so he changed the order to 2. A week later 21 rear bumpers arrived, ordered specially from Sweden by the distributers.

now wildly off topic, but a nice car parts story was a mate in Australia was driving on a dirt road (not unusual in Australia even in a road car) whilst on holiday in Tasmania, and managed to crack the sump on a rock. He had an Audi, which was pretty unusual in Australia and quite expensive too; certainly no dealers in Tazi so they had to send off to the mainland for a new sump. Duly arrived a few days later and car was fixed. Couple of weeks later he managed to do the same thing back in New South Wales. Car recovered to the Audi garage in Sydney who told him "you're outa luck mate; we did have a sump in stock, but some c&#t in Tasmania had it". I don't think he owned up

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just ordered these............they should do the job OK
Again..........thanks to all.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182064840...49&var=483081032001&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Top Bottom