A safety message for cyclists........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lonestar

Veteran
That sign has been up for weeks. I've ignored it.

So I could have started a twitter storm over it? Damn, my social-media-fu is weakass.

But...but...but...that sign is in red...what now?

I used to think it was a bit unfair to be disparaging about rugby players intelligence, 'brawn, but, no brain' ! Now see that it is so true. I cannot believe anyone would write such rubbish, almost frightening in its stupidity!!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Can anybody explain the OP to me? I don't understand it at all.

If you follow the link to the Twitter feed you will see that the RFU (or their contractors) are putting up the wrong signs telling cyclists to dismount and then state "If cyclists take proper Highway Code safety precautions then they will be entirely safe."

Basically the usual 'haven't got a clue when it comes to cycling' organisation.

Drago

Legendary Member
But...but...but...that sign is in red...what now?

Red means danger, and we must do as we're told. If its in capital letters its even more important.

classic33

Leg End Member
But when you "disobey" it, you get spittle-flecked lunatics in cars abusing us for not following the rules.
By rights there should be a similar one for them. Cheap traffic management. And it shouldn't be blocking any part of the road.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
What's the Rugby Football Union got to do with cycling safety?

First of all they put up inappropriate signs telling cyclists what to do, then when they are challenged tell cyclists to obey the highway code and they will be entirely safe. So basically - nothing, all they have done is try to make cyclists unsafe.

Top Bottom